All international students on F-1 and J-1 visas are required to arrive to the institution stated on their U.S. visa before the start date listed on their immigration documents (I-20 or DS-2019). If you are unable to arrive before the mandatory start date, contact the International Programs Office immediately. You must have approval from our Office in order to arrive later than the listed date on your immigration document.
For international students intending to study at University of Houston-Victoria, there are special requirements to fulfill that need careful attention prior to arriving on campus. Please read the information below that to understand necessary steps you need to follow in order to successfully become a UHV student.
Please note: Due to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regulations, you can only arrive 30 days prior to the start date listed on your I-20 or DS-2019. The start date is listed on Section 5 of the I-20 and Section 3 of the DS-2019. Please do not enter the US more than 30 days of your start date. If you have questions regarding your arrival, please email the International Programs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait to receive your I-20/DS-2019.
- Make the SEVIS Payment.
- Follow the instructions sent with your Admission Letter.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy website in your country and apply for the appropriate U.S. visa.
- Once you have secured the U.S. visa:
- Reserve Housing
- Reserve your airline. Please check the start date/orientation date before you reserve your flight and make your travel arrangements.
- Prepare your funding.
- Register for courses.
- Obtain proper immunization and Health Insurance
All new international and transfer international students are required to read all the necessary information listed below:
- Airport Pickup Request
- Airport Drop-off Request
- Entering the U.S.
- Students in U.S.
- SEVIS Fee
- U.S. Customs
- Mandatory First Year Class
- Health Insurance
- Late Arrival
Chat/ Meet with us
- For prospective/potential students, every Thursday (September 10th onwards) at 11am U.S. Central Standard Timezon,
- Click the zoom link, https://uhv.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMoceypqzosEtw6BA1qdW1Shh3OcPqSP7hf
- Student must register to attend Zoom session.
- Current UHV student, then the student must use UHV credentials and create an appointment using Microsft Bookings at
To create or schedule appointment
- If students wish to meet with a Primary/ Designated School Official at the campus location (Effective September 2nd 2020). Students are encouraged to contact the International Programs at email@example.com or call at 361-570-4106 to schedule an appointment ahead of time. Students with appointments are given priority over walk-in students. Students must follow UHV requirements set forth for COVID-19 (mandatory mask, 6 feet distance, termperature check). If you are not feeling well do not make it to the meeting.
- Victoria: Tuesday 9am-2pm, Wednesday 11am-3pm, Friday 9-noon.
- Katy: Wednesday 10-4pm, Friday 10-2pm.
To convert time to the U.S. CST time click Timezone Converter.