All international students on F-1 and J-1 visas are required to arrive to the institution stated on their U.S. visa before the start date listed on their immigration documents (I-20 or DS-2019). If you are unable to arrive before the mandatory start date, contact the International Programs Office immediately. You must have approval from our Office in order to arrive later than the listed date on your immigration document.
For international students intending to study at University of Houston-Victoria, there are special requirements to fulfill that need careful attention prior to arriving on campus. Please read the information below that to understand necessary steps you need to follow in order to successfully become a UHV student.
Please note: Due to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regulations, you can only arrive 30 days prior to the start date listed on your I-20 or DS-2019. The start date is listed on Section 5 of the I-20 and Section 3 of the DS-2019. Please do not enter the US more than 30 days of your start date. If you have questions regarding your arrival, please email the International Programs Office at email@example.com.
- Wait to receive your I-20/DS-2019.
- Make the SEVIS Payment.
- Follow the instructions sent with your Admission Letter.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy website in your country and apply for the appropriate U.S. visa.
- Once you have secured the U.S. visa:
- Reserve Housing
- Reserve your airline. Please check the start date/orientation date before you reserve your flight and make your travel arrangements.
- Prepare your funding.
- Register for courses.
- Obtain proper immunization and Health Insurance
All new international and transfer international students are required to read all the necessary information listed below: