Traveling to the U.S. from Abroad:
The following CDC guidelines are applicable to faculty, staff and students arriving to the U.S. from international travel, whether university-sanctioned or personal:
If You Are Fully Vaccinated:
You are not required to quarantine upon returning from international travel; however, you should:
- Get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel.
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
- Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements after travel.
If You Are Not Fully Vaccinated:
Upon returning from international travel, you must either:
- Self-quarantine for 10 days OR
- Get tested 3-5 days after travel AND stay home for 7 days after travel.
- Even if you test negative, stay home for the full 7 days.
- If your test is positive, stay home and follow the COVID-19 Diagnosis protocols.
Regardless of whether you get tested or not, you should avoid being around high-risk individuals for 14 days upon returning from international travel. Students must complete Travel Guidelines and Return to Campus Guidelines These requirements for self-quarantine includes international students who are traveling to the U.S. for classes.
For international students intending to study at University of Houston-Victoria, there are special requirements to fulfill that need careful attention prior to arriving on campus. Please read the information below that to understand necessary steps you need to follow in order to successfully become a UHV student.
Please note: Due to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regulations, you can only arrive 30 days prior to the start date listed on your I-20 or DS-2019. The start date is listed on Section 5 of the I-20 and Section 3 of the DS-2019. Please do not enter the US more than 30 days of your start date. If you have questions regarding your arrival, please email the International Programs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait to receive your I-20/DS-2019.
- Make the SEVIS Payment.
- Follow the instructions sent with your Admission Letter.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy website in your country and apply for the appropriate U.S. visa.
- Once you have secured the U.S. visa and secured a flight to the U.S.:
- Reserve Housing
- Confirm flight ticket. Please check the start date/orientation date before you reserve your flight and make your travel arrangements.
- Schedule your airport pick-up service.
- Prepare your funding.
- Register for courses.
- Obtain proper immunization and Health Insurance
All new international and transfer international students are required to read all the necessary information listed below:
- Airport Pickup Request
- Airport Drop-off Request
- Entering the U.S.
- Students in U.S.
- SEVIS Fee
- U.S. Customs
- Mandatory First Year Class
- Health Insurance
- Late Arrival
Chat/ Meet with us
- To schedule an appointment or Join International Programs at the Virtual Lobby on Mondays to Fridays 8-5pm Central Standard Time (The university is closed on the weekends and federal holidays)
- Face-2-Face meetings are available via appointment only. To schedule a face-2-face meeting visit Microsoft Bookings
- For prospective/potential students, every Thursday at 11am U.S. Central Standard Timezone, Click the zoom link To convert time to the U.S. CST time click Timezone Converter
- Study Abroad weekly sessions on Wednesday at 3pm though the International Virtual Lobby.