Traveling to the U.S. from Abroad:
For international students intending to study at University of Houston-Victoria, there are special requirements to fulfill that need careful attention prior to arriving on campus. Please read the information below that to understand necessary steps you need to follow in order to successfully become a UHV student.
Please note: Due to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regulations, you can only arrive 30 days prior to the start date listed on your I-20 or DS-2019. The start date is listed on Section 5 of the I-20 and Section 3 of the DS-2019. Please do not enter the US more than 30 days of your start date. If you have questions regarding your arrival, please email the International Programs Office at email@example.com.
- Wait to receive your I-20/DS-2019.
- Make the SEVIS Payment.
- Follow the instructions sent with your Admission Letter.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy website in your country and apply for the appropriate U.S. visa.
- Once you have secured the U.S. visa and secured a flight to the U.S.:
- Reserve Housing
- Confirm flight ticket. Please check the start date/orientation date before you reserve your flight and make your travel arrangements.
- Schedule your airport pick-up service.
- Prepare your funding.
- Register for courses.
- Obtain proper immunization and Health Insurance
All new international and transfer international students are required to read all the necessary information listed below:
- Airport Pickup Request
- Airport Drop-off Request
- Entering the U.S.
- Students in U.S.
- SEVIS Fee
- U.S. Customs
- Mandatory First Year Class
- Health Insurance
- Late Arrival
Chat/ Meet with us
- To schedule an appointment or Join International Programs at the Virtual Lobby on Mondays to Thursdays 9-4pm Central Standard Time (The university is closed on the weekends and federal holidays)
- Face-2-Face meetings are available via appointment only. To schedule a face-2-face meeting visit Microsoft Bookings
- Study Abroad weekly sessions on Wednesday at 3pm though the International Virtual Lobby.