Skip to main content
Jaguar Logo

International Programs

Select Language

Students Already in the U.S.

If you are a student who is already in the U.S. on an F-1/J-1 student visa, you will need to have your documents processed by the International Programs  upon your arrival at University of Houston-Victoria.

If you are a J-1 visa holder and you want to transfer or change to F-1, please contact International Programs  as well as your current institution’s international student advisor.

If you are an F-1 visa holder and you want to transfer to UHV after being admitted, your SEVIS record must be transferred from your current institution to UHV. Once you are admitted to UHV, we will give you instructions for contacting your current international student office and requesting the release of your SEVIS information to UHV. This is an easy process. Then, we will hold your I-20 until you arrive at UHV. If you are planning to leave the U.S. before arriving at UHV, you need to arrive to the U.S. with UHV’s I-20. In this case, please plan your travel and admissions accordingly. For more information, contact the International Programs Office. Even though you are currently at a U.S. institution, you are still required to attend mandatory orientation. 

If you are on a different visa status (J, K, L, H-1B, H4, B, etc.), please contact the International Programs  for your change of status instructions. Please note that change of status can take up to 3-9 months within the U.S.