All approved transfer and new international students (F-1/J-1) are required to attend mandatory orientation. Ensure your travel plans are made accordingly so you do not miss orientation. Failing to attend mandatory orientation may result in difficulties for you when acclimating to the new culture and environment and will result in the cancellation of your Merit or Cultural Scholarship.
Separate orientation sessions are available for Houston/Katy Area Students and Victoria Area students. Please bring your immigration documents so we may make copies of them for your student records. Please remember to read all of the relevant Pre-Arrival Information prior to your arrival to the U.S. and UHV.
The orientation will be through Microsoft Teams. All new students MUST activate their UHV email to receive the Microsoft Teams invitation. If you miss Orientation Part 1 and Orientation Part II, you will not be awarded the scholarships and waivers. To convert your time zone visit Timezone Converter.
Spring 2024 Orientation
Mandatory Orientation will be in two parts. The first part will be virtually and part II will be face-to-face. More information will be posted as we get closer to the event.
- Part I - Online/ Teams -
- All students: Wednesday, December 20th at 9 am - 12 pm U.S. CST
- Part 2 - In person
- UHV Katy: Monday, January 8th at 9 am - 3 pm
- UHV (Victoria): Wednesday, January 10th at 9 am- 4 pm
- Evening Event 6:30 pm
To convert your time to the U.S. Central Time Zone visit Time Zone Converter. The Mandatory Orientation is through Microsoft Teams. In order to activate Microsoft Teams you must activate your UHV Email. The Orientation calendar invite has already been sent to your UHV Email address and is in your Outlook calendar using UHV credentials. To activate your UHV Email.
Chat/ Meet with us
- To schedule an appointment or International Virtual Lobby on Mondays to Fridays 8-5 pm Central Standard Time (The university is closed on the weekends and federal holidays)
- Face-to-face meetings are available via appointment only. To schedule a face-to-face meeting visit Microsoft Bookings
Topics Covered at Orientation
- Mandatory Payment Information for New International Students
- How to contact your International Programs
- Enrollment and Registration
- Working on campus
- Maintaining your International Student Scholarships
- Study in the States
- SEVIS and Immigration - What you need to know to stay in status
- Volunteering for UHV
- Living in Texas
- How to become an active Jaguar!