University of Houston-Victoria

International Programs


COVID-19 Announcement: Due to COVID-19 U.S Embassies around the world are open for limited hours. If you are a student needing a F-1 visa to enter the U.S. you are eligible to request an "Emergency Visa Appointment" as you are required to arrive to campus no later than August 18th 2021. Please work with your country U.S. Embassy to receive your visa appointment. Once you've been approved of the U.S. visa email International Programs to learn of your next steps.  Please note, all international students arriving to the U.S. must follow the UHV Travel Guidelines and Return to Campus Guidelines.  

A visa is an entry permit that allows you to enter the U.S. You will receive a U.S. visa valid for 1-5 years. Your visa is allowed to expire provided that your immigration document (i.e. I-20/DS2019) is valid. You will need to consult your country's local U.S. Embassy for more information on how to apply for a U.S. F-1/J-1 visa once you are admitted and after receiving your I-20 or DS2019. Visa application times vary from country to country. Please consult your local embassy ahead of time for your visa application. If you are in the process of obtaining your F-1 or J-1 visa, the following websites may be of help to you as you prepare for your visit to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate:

U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions

U.S. Department of State

U.S. Visa Wait Times