WELCOME TO THE UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON-VICTORIA
University Hearing Board
- The University Hearing Board shall be composed of five students appointed by the Student Government Association and five faculty/staff appointed by the Vice President of Student Affairs.
- There will be at least five alternate members: at least three student alternates appointed by the Student Government Association, and at least two faculty/staff alternates appointed by the Vice President of Student Affairs.
- A quorum shall consist of five persons, at least three of which shall be students and one shall be faculty or staff. If a quorum is not met and at least three people are present with one being a student, the respondent may request that the hearing proceed with those members present.
- The Chair must be a selected from the student members present at a scheduled hearing. The student selected by the Board to serve as Chair shall serve for the duration of the scheduled hearing.
- All members of the board must be in good standing with the University.
- The Senior Director of Student Services & Judicial Affairs may remove a Board member for justifiable cause or a conflict of interest. A Board member may appeal their removal to the Vice President of Student Affairs.
- Board members with a conflict of interest may recuse themselves. If a Board member resigns, cannot serve, or is removed from their role, the Senior Director of Student Services & Judicial Affairs will select one of the alternates to fill the vacancy.