WELCOME TO THE UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON-VICTORIA
Student Groups and Registered Student Organizations
- Student groups and registered student organizations are subject to the same behavioral expectations as individual students and as such, may be charged with violations of the Prohibited Conduct Section of the Student Code of Conduct. The same Student Code of Conduct procedures afforded individual students are applicable to student groups and registered student organizations.
- Student groups and registered student organizations and their members, as well as other students, may be held collectively and/or individually responsible for violations that occur on University grounds, on premises used or controlled by the group or organization, and/or at University sponsored activities on or off campus. The disciplinary jurisdiction set forth in Item 1.1 applies to individual students, student groups and registered student organizations.
- Student groups and registered student organizations and their officers may be held collectively and/or individually responsible for violations of the Code when the organization’s leaders, officers, or spokespersons have given tacit or overt consent or encouragement for the prohibited conduct.
- Student group and registered student organization leaders, officers, and/or spokespersons may be directed by the Senior Director of Student Services & Judicial Affairs or designee to take action to prevent or end violations of the Code by members of the organization or by any persons associated with the organization. Failure to make reasonable efforts to comply with the directives of the Senior Director of Student Services & Judicial Affairs or designee shall be considered a violation of the Code by the leaders, officers, and spokespersons of the organization as well as by the organization.
- Sanctions for student group and/or registered student organization misconduct may include revocation or denial of registration as well as other appropriate sanctions cited in Sections 11 and 12 of the Code.