Skip to main content
Jaguar Logo

Student Records

Core Curriculum Requirements

Coursework completed at a Texas public institution of higher education that meets that institution’s core curriculum requirement will be accepted and will satisfy UHV’s core curriculum requirement provided the credits are within the approved transfer curriculum of the student’s declared major at UHV. This acceptance is based upon Rule 5.402 of the Texas Administrative Code.

Accreditation status of sending institution

Coursework must come from an institution that has recognition in some form from the U.S. Department of Education or the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Academic coursework completed at one of the CHEA recognized institutional accrediting organizations at the college level that is not remedial are generally accepted. All other coursework, including that which is completed at an institution of higher education with programmatic accreditations, are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.


Compatibility with academic coursework at UHV

Courses must be equivalent to courses offered at UHV and will be reviewed on a course-by-course basis by the appropriate UHV school for equivalency.

Applicability to the program of study 

Courses must fulfill established degree requirements for graduation as either elective or major credit and will be reviewed on a course-by-course basis by the appropriate UHV school for applicability to the program of study.


Developmental, technical and vocational courses are non-transferable, except those required for university degree programs.

Transfer Grades

Courses transfer to UHV on the same level and with the corresponding number of hours as earned at another institution. Grades are never lowered in transfer.

When a course has been repeated for credit, the last grade and credit hours will determine the acceptance for the course.

Grades from all transferable courses will be used for admission purposes but will not be calculated into your institutional GPA at UHV.

Step 1

Send all official transcripts to the Office of Admissions and be accepted into the university.

Step 2

Credits will be examined and uploaded into a student’s myUHV Student Center.


Step 3

The academic advisor will determine how the transfer credit will apply to the degree plan.

Step 4

Changes can be made based on the evaluation/consideration of coursework by an academic advisor.

Undergraduate Transfer Credit Regulations

There is no limit to the number of credits transferable from a community/junior college, but in addition to these credits students must meet other requirements such as completing 30 of the last 36 upper division hours with UH-Victoria.

Two students

12 semester hours in religion can be accepted toward a degree.

Military credits earned at a military service training schools can be considered towards degree plans.

Email Us To Get Help

Credit by Examination

UHV accepts the following types of examinations for credit:

In order to earn credit towards coursework you must meet the minimum score requirement as listed in our catalog.

Students may attempt credit by examination for degree credit anytime during their undergraduate career at UH-Victoria.

A grade of CR (credit) will be assigned where applicable, will not carry grade points, cannot be translated into grades A, B, C, D, or F, and will not replace any existing course grade earned at UHV, in high school, or at another college or university.

Credit earned by examination does not count toward the number of semester credit hours required for graduation with honors.

Attend courses IN Victoria, UHV Katy, or online for more flexibility with the same academic Advantage.