All approved transfer and new international students (F-1/J-1) are required to attend mandatory orientation. Make sure your travel plans are made accordingly so you do not miss orientation. Failing to attend mandatory orientation may result in difficulties for you when acclimating to the new culture and environment and will result in the cancellation of your Cultural Scholarship.
Separate orientation sessions are available for Houston/Katy Area Students and Victoria Area students. Please bring your immigration documents so we may make copies of them for your student records. Please remember to read all of the relevant Pre-Arrival Information prior to your arrival to the U.S. and UHV.
Depending on COVID-19 status, our scheduled dates are as follows:
Fall 2020 Orientation
UHV Katy Students - Tuesday, August 18th 2020
12:00pm (noon) to 5:00pm (UHV Campus Katy)
UHV (Victoria) students - Wednesday, August 19 2020
10am - 3pm (Victoria Campus)
Spring 2021 Orientation
Katy Students - Thursday, January 14th, 2021
10:00 am - 2:00 pm, Room 3-10
Victoria Students - Friday, January 15th, 2021
9:00 am - 2:00 pm, Room 216 Center Building
By individual appointment only
*Dates and additional information are emailed to students upon their acceptance.
Chat with us
- Every Thursday starting April 9th at 10am-11am at https://uhv.zoom.us/j/631947606 OR
- Second Saturday sessions at 5am-6am Central U.S. Standard Time
To convert time to the U.S. CST time click Timezone Converter.
Topics Covered at Orientation
- Mandatory Payment Information for New International Students
- How to contact your International Programs Office
- Enrollment and Registration
- Working on campus
- Maintaining your International Student Scholarships
- Study in the States
- SEVIS and Immigration - What you need to know to stay in status
- Volunteering for UHV
- Living in Texas
- How to become an active Jaguar!