What is my Canvas username?
UHV faculty, adjuncts, staff, and students log into the Canvas LMS with their UHV email addresses and passwords…their same UHV credentials to access Office 365 resources like Outlook email, Teams, OneDrive, etc.). Canvas is available as a cloud-based service at https://canvas.uhv.edu/ and is integrated with the DUO Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) technology. If you do not have a UHV email account, you'll need to contact the UHV IT Department. For students who register for or drop a Canvas course, it could take 24 to 48 hours to reflect the change in your Canvas account and Canvas course dashboard. To find your Canvas username, please refer to the Canvas UHV Student IDS page.
What is my Canvas password?
Your Canvas password is the same password you use to log into and access Office 365. Please refer to the UHV Information Technology Accounts Password webpage for more information.
How do I change my password?
To change your password, please follow the instructions provided in the section titled "Change your Password" on the UHV Information Technology Password Reset webpage.
Why doesn't my username or password work?
The problem may be one of several things. Please double-check this list and re-try your log in.
- UHV Student IDs and passwords are case sensitive. If you have changed your password, make sure you are entering it with the proper case; for example, make sure the the CAPS Lock key isn't enabled.
- If you are typing numbers, make sure that the Num Lock key is depressed on your keypad, or use the numbers above the letter keys on the keyboard.
- Make sure you are logging in to the UH-Victoria institution. The banner on the Log On page should depict the UH-Victoria logo. If you are trying to login on a page that has the red UH Main Campus logo, then you will get an "incorrect username" error. You should instead go to the Victoria institution log on page.
- Your course or your Canvas account may not have been created yet. If you are attempting to login before the first class day, then it is most likely that your account is not yet active and thus not recognized by Canvas. Also, if you registered on the first day of classes or later, then it may take 24-48 hours before your account is activated.
- Make sure you have followed the recommended steps in preparing your computer and browser, and that you're using a device that meets the minimum Canvas computer and browser requirements (opens in a new window).