What is my Blackboard username?
If you are enrolled in a Blackboard course, students and faculty use their UHV Student IDs as their usernames for the Blackboard system. This is your logon identification when you access your Blackboard course. To find your Blackboard username, please refer to the Blackboard UHV Student IDS page.
What is my Blackboard password?
Your Blackboard password is the same password you use to log into and access Office 365. Please refer to the UHV Information Technology Accounts Password webpage for more information.
How do I change my password?
To change your password, please follow the instructions provided in the section titled "Change your Password" on the UHV Information Technology Password Reset webpage.
Why doesn't my username or password work?
The problem may be one of several things. Please double-check this list and re-try your log in.
- UHV Student IDs and passwords are case sensitive. UHV Student IDs should be seven digits long. If you have changed your password, make sure you are entering it with the proper case; for example, make sure the the CAPS Lock key isn't enabled.
- If you are typing numbers, make sure that the Num Lock key is depressed on your keypad, or use the numbers above the letter keys on the keyboard.
- Make sure you are entering your UHV Student ID and not another login name, e.g., for email or VIP access. (Your UHV Student ID is not your domain username for access to other systems on the UHV domain.)
- Make sure you are logging in to the UH-Victoria institution. The banner on the Log On page should depict the UH-Victoria logo. If you are trying to login on a page that has the red UH Main Campus logo, then you will get an "incorrect username" error. You should instead go to the Victoria institution log on page.
- Your course or your Blackboard account may not have been created yet. If you are attempting to login before the first class day, then it is most likely that your account is not yet active and thus not recognized by Blackboard. Also, if you registered on the first day of classes or later, then it may take 24-48 hours before your account is activated.
- Make sure you have followed the recommended steps in preparing your computer and browser. See the steps in the Computer Setup section.