Taking the TSI Assessment 2.0 Online through Examity
Accuplacer has partnered with Examity, a secure online proctoring service, for remote testing
for the TSI Assessment 2.0. Cell phones and tablets are not compatible for remote testing.
- Examity has proctors available to test 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Google Chrome is required along with other computer requirements.
- There is a $25 proctoring fee paid when you schedule with Examity. This cost is in addition to UHV's TSIA 2 voucher fee (paid separately through RegisterBlast).
- View Examity’s computer requirements to ensure compatibility before requesting to take your TSIA 2 using Examity.
- If you need to take multiple sections of the TSI Assessment 2.0, please note that Examity does not allow breaks while testing.
- You can contact Examity via phone at 1-855-392-6489 (1-855-EXAMITY).
Examity does not allow for breaks and the test must be completed in a single sitting.
Students needing to take the TSI Assessment should follow these steps:
- Complete the TSI Pre-Assessment Activity by creating an account and logging into the Accuplacer Study App. Then choose Texas Success Initiative 2.0 Pre-Assessment Activity. After completion, print out the pre-assessment certificate and have it with you at your appointment.
- Pay the $10.50 voucher fee through RegisterBlast. Select Accuplacer/TSI Assessment>Remote Test Voucher>Examity Remote Testing Voucher and indicate the sections of the TSIA 2 that you need to take. Registering DOES NOT schedule an appointment with Examity. You will schedule a testing date with Examity. Students are responsible for the $25 Examity proctoring fee which is separate from the voucher fee on RegisterBlast.
- Please allow three (3) business days for processing. The voucher will be sent to the email address used during registration. If a voucher has not been generated within four (4) business days, please contact the UHV Testing Center, 361-485-4500. Please note that vouchers are not generated on weekends, UHV holidays, or during Testing Center closures.
- Your voucher is sent in an email from Accuplacer along with instructions on how to proceed on the Examity site. You will then
create an Examity account, schedule the date and time for your exam, and pay Examity’s proctoring fee. Learn more about how to use Examity.
- The day of your testing appointment with Examity, you will need the following items:
- Valid photo ID
- Testing voucher number
- Note: Examity may have additional requirements. Please be sure to communicate with them to determine what these requirements may be.
|TSIA (before January 11, 2021)||TSIA 2 (after January 11, 2021)|
|Subject||College Readiness Scores||Subject||College Readiness Scores|
|Math||350 or higher||Math||CRC 950 – 990
CRC 910 – 949 AND Diagnostic Level 6
|Reading||351 or higher||English Language Arts and Reading*||CRC 945 – 990 AND Essay 5 – 8
CRC 910 – 944 AND Diagnostic Level 5 – 6 AND Essay 5-8
|Writing||340 or higher AND an essay score of at least 4; OR A placement score of less than 340 and an ABE diagnostic level of at least a 4 and an essay score of at least 5||
*Students who are incomplete in Reading or Writing and wish to retest in one of the subjects will have to take the TSIA2 ELAR Test as reading and writing are no longer available as separate subjects.
All incoming college students are required to take the TSI Assessment unless already exempt. The TSI Assessment is a program designed to help determine college-level coursework readiness in the general areas of reading, writing and mathematics. The TSI Assessment program also will help determine what type of course(s) or intervention will best meet the student's needs to become better prepared for college-level coursework if they are not ready.
For information on requirements and exemptions, see the Academic Catalog, https://catalog.uhv.edu/content.php?catoid=3&navoid=155#tsi-and-transfer-students.
The TSI Assessment is a computer-based exam that is response adaptive (the next question is determined by how the previous question was answered). Test scores are available upon completing the test and should be interpreted by an academic advisor.
Cell phones, watches, and other electronic communication or photographic devices are prohibited in testing rooms and should be stored in a locker at the testing center or in your vehicle. Possession or use of cell phones or other devices in the testing room may result in dismissal and the voiding of test score(s). If taking a standardized test (e.g., TExES/ExCET, MAT, or BTLPT), please read admission ticket and other registration materials carefully as they contain specific instructions about your appointment.
Note: Consult your admission ticket to learn the location of your exam.
Questions and Contact Information: Call (361) 485-4500 or email Testing@uhv.edu