Installing the Respondus LockDown Browser
You can download the Respondus Lockdown Browser here.
Taking a Quiz Using the Respondus LockDown Browser:
1. Close all programs, unless one is used to connect you to the Internet.
2. Locate the “Respondus LockDown Browser” shortcut on the desktop and double-click it. (For Macintosh users, launch “LockDown Browser” from the Applications folder.)
3. If prompted to close a blocked program (e.g. screen capture, instant messaging) choose Yes when prompted.
4. In the Choose Server window select the Canvas option associated with UHV.
5. Login to your Canvas course.
6. Navigate to the test and select it.
7. A pop-up window will ask whether the instructor has required a password for the test.
- If a test password (such as the word “apple”) is required by the instructor to start the test, select the Yes option, enter the password, and click the Continue button.
- If the instructor did not set up the test with a password, the No option should be selected. Click the Continue button.
8. Regardless of the selection made in the previous step, Respondus LockDown Browser will automatically fill in a special password on the next screen. It’s important that this password field isn’t modified. Click the Submit button.
9. The test will then start. (Note, once a test has been started with Respondus LockDown Browser, you cannot exit until the Submit button is clicked.)
Additional information about the Respondus Lockdown Browser can be found here.