New Student Orientation
June 13 - 14, July 12 - 13, August 1-2
Greetings! On-behalf of every member of #JAXNATION, we are excited you have decided to enroll at the University of Houston-Victoria. As you begin to make the transition from high school to college, it's important to learn and hear from those who have been in your shoes before. New Student Orientation is a no-cost to you, two-day, overnight session which will provide this opportunity (and more)!
During orientation, future Jaguars will be able to:
- Meet future classmates
- Stay overnight in Jaguar Village
- Learn about UHV's resources and student opportunities
- Find out student success strategies, college expectations and best practices
- Hear about (and see) the new facilities and future vision that is waiting for you at UHV
- Enroll in fall classes*
Note: If you're planning to stay in the residence hall overnight, please let us know by the following dates.
June 4, 2019 (June session) - July 3, 2019 (July session) - July 25, 2019 (August session)
What to Bring:
- XL twin size bedding
- Pillow & blanket
- Toiletries an towel
- Chargers for electronics
- A jacket or sweater (some meeting rooms may be chilly)
- Any missing documents
- Casual clothes and comfortable shoes
- Swimsuit and beach towel (optional)
If you're planning to make the trip to Victoria with family members, the Hilton Garden Inn Victoria has generously offered a flat room rate of $99 to all UHV visitors. At the time of reservation, please contact them and indicate you are traveling to Victoria for UHV's New Student Orientation. A tentative agenda is now available, however, some details are subject to change.
*We are encouraging all students to meet with their success coach to discuss their fall class schedule prior to orientation
To sign up for orientation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.