This graduate program in Computer Science will focus on the theoretical and engineering aspects of computer science. If you have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a related degree program and would like to pursue a graduate degree with a focus on theoretical or engineering aspects of computing technology the Master's degree in Computer Science may be a good fit for you.
Computer Science Program Mission
The mission of the Computer Science Program is to develop the skills and analytical abilities of its students, helping them become highly professional computer scientists capable of actively contributing to their communities and committed to lifelong learning, development, and success. Constant striving toward excellence in teaching and quality undergraduate research results in sustaining our renowned academic environment.
The mission of the Computer Science Program can be summarized as follows:
Developing highly professional computer scientists capable of actively contributing to their communities.
Supporting the commitment of students to lifelong learning, development, and success.
UHV College of Natural Arts & Sciences ensures educational opportunities are available and accessible through on-campus...
What We Offer Our Students
Graduates of the UHV Computer Science Program will have:
- acquired breadth and depth of skills in the necessary fields of Computer Science and mathematics to be able to design and implement computer-based solutions to commercial, scientific, and industrial problems and to provide system level support and development.
- learned to employ the necessary verbal, written, visual, and collaborative communication skills to be effective team members in multidisciplinary project settings.
- sharpened the sense of social responsibility and ethics essential in contributing to their community.
- acquired the skills necessary to achieve their career goals, whether employment at a reputable corporation, further study in a quality graduate program, or success in operating their own business.
- exhibited a concrete commitment to lifelong learning and development.