Disability Resources Links for Faculty, Students, and Parents
- Association on Higher Education and Disability
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities
- The Civil Rights of Students with Hidden Disabilities Under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Dear Colleague Letter – March 16, 2007 - on Rights and Responsibilities of Students with Disabilities Transitioning from Secondary to Postsecondary Education
- Dear Colleague Letter – July 25, 2008
- Disability.gov – Federal government resources, services, and information
- Disability Discrimination: Overview of the Laws
- Disability Discrimination Resources
- Higher Education Resource Guide for Students with Disabilities
- Office for Civil Rights
- Questions and Answers on Disability Discrimination Under Section 504 and Title II
- U.S. Department of Justice ADA Home Page
Resources for Faculty:
- Academic Exchange
- Access E-Learning
- A ten-module tutorial that is a resource for those seeking to make their distance education accessible for individuals with disabilities. AEL offers information on the most common needs in distance education, and provides instruction in techniques that will enhance the usability of online materials for all students. This is a free course.
- Closing the Gap
- DisABILITY Resources Toolbox (DART)
- DO-IT Program - The University of Washington (Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology
- The Faculty Room
- Higher Education Resource Hub
- Think College!
Accessibility – Web & Technology:
Universal Design for Learning:
An approach to curriculum that – Minimizes barriers and maximizes learning for all students.
- ACCESS to Postsecondary Education through Universal Design for Learning
- Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST) Universal Design for Learning
- UDL At At Glance – (video)
- Universal Design Education
- Universal Design for Learning
- Teaching Excellence in Adult Literacy – TEAL Center Fact Sheet Universal Design for Learning
Students & Parents:
- The American Association of People with Disabilities
- Auxiliary Aids and Services for Postsecondary Students with Disabilities:
- Higher Education’s Obligations Under Section 504 and Title II of the ADA
- Dear Parent Letter (March 16, 2007) on Rights and Responsibilities of Students with Disabilities Transitioning from Secondary to Postsecondary Education
- Disability Right Advocates
- Going to College – A resource for teens with disabilities Website offers tools for planning your college experience
- Learning Ally
- Mental Health Network
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Think College!
Disability Specific Sites:
Asperger Syndrome Coalition of the United States, Inc.
National Center for Learning Disabilities
Autoimmune Related Diseases:
AARDA – American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association, Inc.
National Aphasia Association