Strengthening Institutions Program (Title III)
In October 2019, The University of Houston-Victoria (UHV) was awarded a Title III Strengthening Institutions Grant aimed at increasing success for students through a comprehensive framework of focused support beginning at enrollment and continuing through graduation. The funds, to be delivered over a five year period, will provide UHV with the financial backing to ensure that students not only persist to degree completion, but finish their programs of study in a timely manner.
Strengthening Institutions Grants are awarded to eligible institutions of higher education seeking to expand their capacity to serve low-income students by providing funds to improve and strengthen the academic quality, institutional management, and fiscal stability of the institution.
The project, Strengthening Institutions, will foster a culture of continuous improvement through three integrated components that will improve academic supports and ensure the appropriate assessment of student learning outcomes. The three main activities of the grant are:
- Activity #1: Enhancing Academic Success
- Increasing Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction
- Improving Intrusive Advising and Ask Risk Interventions
- Creating Parent/Community Engagement and Summer Bridge
- Activity #2: Enhancing Faculty Development
- Expanding Pedagogy Resource Library
- Offering Training, Workshops, and Conferences
- Assessment Mentoring
- Activity #3: Enhancing Community Engagement
- Creating Peer/Professional Mentorship
- Bolstering Internships and Service Learning
- Expanding Co-Curricular Activities