File a Report
The University of Houston-Victoria encourages faculty, staff, students and visitors who have experienced any form of sexual misconduct (sexual assault, sexual harassment, sexual intimidation, sexual exploitation, stalking, and dating and domestic violence) to report to the university Title IX Coordinators.
Affected individuals may also file a criminal/police report by contacting UHPD at 361-570-4357.
The Title IX Office processes and investigates all reports of sexual misconduct. If you believe that you have been discriminated against on the basis of your sex, the Title IX Office will
1. Explain the complaint and investigation process,
2. Provide interim remedies and help identify appropriate support resources,
3. Investigate the complaint (if you or the University move forward with a formal complaint), and
4. Keep you informed throughout the process.
To Begin the Reporting Process, you have several different options. You can:
1. Contact the Title IX Coordinator to ask questions, learn about policy & resources and/or start a formal complaint:
University West, Room 116
2. Submit an online sexual misconduct report (a report starts communication with the office and then you can express if you wish to move forward with a formal complaint).
3. Or, report anonymously online at the Fraud & Non-Compliance Hotline or by calling 1-800-461-9330. However, filing a report without identifying the details of the incident or the reporting party may limit our ability to conduct a thorough investigation.
The University takes reports of Sexual Misconduct very seriously and will not tolerate retaliation against any person filing a report or participating in an investigation and adjudication process. Retaliation includes, but is not limited to, any adverse employment or educational action taken for making a Sexual Misconduct report. Any actual or threatened retaliation, or any act of intimidation to prevent or to otherwise obstruct the reporting of Sexual Misconduct or the participation in proceedings relating to Sexual Misconduct, may be considered a separate violation of our Policy and may result in disciplinary sanctions.
Any suspected retaliation should be immediately reported to the Title IX Coordinator.