Please Help Us Spread the Word
If you are a faculty member or department leader, you can schedule training for your class or group. If you are a student leader, you can help student organizations participate in these efforts. Just email the Title IX & Equal Opportunity Coordinator to get started.
Support Our Efforts
The ACTION fund supports the efforts of the UHV Title IX Office to provide education on issues of sexual violence and to promote ACTION (Awareness Campaign for Training to Intervene, Observe and Notify) and similar campaigns.
Our Efforts for Awareness
- Train UHV community members to recognize signs of sexual violence.
- Promote safe & positive bystander behaviors.
- Provide ideas for safe intervention and safety planning.
- Encourage reports (to the Title IX Office, UHV Counseling Center, campus police, or other service providers).
- Support students in their future careers to combat sexual violence in all of its forms.
How to Stay Updated
Non Discrimination Statement
The policy of UHV is to ensure equal opportunity in all its educational programs and activities, and all terms and conditions of employment without regard to age, race, color, disability, religion, national origin, veteran's status, genetic information, or sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or status, or gender expression, except where such distinction is required by law.
- Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended in 1972, Title VI, Title VII
- Education Amendments of 1972, Title IX (P.L. 92-318)
- Public Law 93-162 (Section 504)
- 45 CFR, Parts 81, 86 (Federal Register June 4, 1985, August 11, 1975)
Office for Civil Rights
For further information on notice of non-discrimination and for the address and phone number of the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights office that serves your area, call 1 (800) 421-3481 or visit the OCR contact page.