Skip to main content
Jaguar Logo

Title IX and Equal Opportunity

Sexual Assault Resources

National Resources:

National Sexual Assault Hotline

(800) 656-HOPE (800-656-4673)

National Domestic Violence Hotline 

(800) 799-SAFE (800-799-7233)

UHV Faculty, Staff and Student Campus Resources:

The UH Police Department – to report criminal/safety concerns (361-570-4357)

Title IX Office – to seek services and/or report a sexual misconduct for possible university investigation contact Brandon Lee, call 361-570-4835 or submit an online report. The office is located at University West 116, 3007 N. Ben Wilson St., Victoria, TX 77901.

Fraud and Non-Compliance Hotline – to make a confidential UH System report regarding sexual misconduct or other concern.

UHV Confidential Student Resources:

Victoria Area Students:

UHV Counseling Center – call 361-570-4135 to seek medical accompaniment, get help finding local resources and for counseling. Students can also connect with counselors virtually using Therapy Assistance Online. The TAO program also offers self-guided resources.

Houston and other Remote Students:

Students can connect with counselors remotely using Therapy Assistance Online. The TAO program also offers self-guided resources.

Houston: University of Texas Health Science Center (UTHealth) - to arrange a counseling appointment that is convenient to where you live in the Houston area and to receive crisis counseling and assist you in finding available community resources, call 713-500-3327 or toll free 800-346-3549.

UHV Faculty and Staff Resource:

Faculty and staff may visit the Employee Assistance Program (password “UHVICTORIA”) or call 888-993-7650 for confidential counseling and a referral program available to eligible employees.

Off-Campus Resources for Houston Area Faculty, Staff, and Students:

Houston Area Women’s Center - Sexual Assault Hotline 713-528-7273; Domestic Violence Hotline 713-528-2121 (both available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week). Live chat is also offered from noon to 3pm and 9pm to midnight through the website link.

Fort Bend County Women’s Center - Crisis Hotline 281-342-HELP(4357) to seek the services of a victim advocate.