Events and Awareness
Multiple campus groups design health and safety events each semester with the help of students, faculty, and staff. The Jags Stop Violence Committee encourages collaboration on anti-violence initiatives throughout the year and across the campus.
With advance notice and committee approval, Jags Stop Violence can help to:
- Draft promotional materials.
- Publicize events on campus.
- Give feedback on new programs and initiatives.
- Recruit possible campus partners.
- Host specific events.
The committee can also work with the Victoria community on health and safety projects. Please contact Dr. Michael Wilkinson at (361) 485-4408 if you would like to explore possible event ideas on campus. For a complete listing of upcoming events, visit JagSync.
While a program can take place any time of the year, please see the calendar below for national campaigns that could support an event. Please note that the level of assistance depends on the timeliness of a request and the resources available.
- National Stalking Awareness Month
- Dating Violence Awareness Month
- National Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Pride Month
- Campus Safety Awareness Month
- September 10 is World Suicide Prevention Day
- National Suicide Prevention Week (Same week as September 10)
- National Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- National Bullying Prevention Awareness Month
- National Crime Prevention Month
- National Substance Abuse Prevention Month
- October 11 is National Coming Out Day
- November 15 is World Kindness Day
- November 17 is International Survivors of Suicide Day
- December 3 is International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- December 10 is Human Rights Day