Emergency Management Setup Checklist
Upon notification of UHV-EOC activation, the Director of Emergency Management, or his/her designee will report to the facility and initiate setup of equipment. Supplies, forms, and layout diagrams are kept in the UHV-EOC.
General setup responsibilities include:
- Ensure that the UHV-EOC is accessible.
- Ensure that adequate furniture, computer equipment, fixtures, telephones, and space are available.
- Locate UHV-EOC Activation Binder and supplies in UHV-EOC.
- Locate the “forms” box in the UHV-EOC room.
- Establish a sign-in/sign-out log by the entrance to the UHV-EOC.
- Remove the UHV-EOC entry/exit log sheet clipboard and ensure staff sign-in as they arrive.
- Set up and test telephones, fax machines, and other logistical supplies that may have been held in storage pending UHV-EOC activation.
- Connect computers to network.
- UHV-EOC Command and General Members are to bring their own laptops into the UHV-EOC, when possible. The UHV-EOC campus locations have wireless connectivity.
- Set up pre-positioned emergency EMP, ERG and visual aids including:
- General message board
- White boards
- Flip Charts
- Establish a resting and sleeping space where UHV-EOC staff can take a break and make private calls.
- Continue to monitor UHV-EOC operations and logistical needs during the time the UHV-EOC is operational.
- Schedule UHV-EOC operations staffing in regular intervals, as required by the incident, to begin after the first operational period.