Residential Meal Plans
The Gold Plan gives students 19 all-you-care-to-eat meals per week. Meals do not carry forward from meal to meal, day to day, or week to week. Meals are not transferable and the plan expires at the end of each semester.
The Red Plan gives students 160 all-you-care-to-eat meals that can be used as desired throughout the semester. Meals are not transferable and the plan expires at the end of each semester.
Meal Plan Requirements
- Freshman students are required to live in student housing and purchase the Gold Plan. For meal plan purposes, students who earned college credit before high school graduation are considered a Freshman student upon entrance into UHV. Gold Plan charges are automatically posted to the student's account prior to the published Jaguar Village move in date or upon move in for students submitting a housing application during the late registration period.
- Sophomore students living in student housing are required to purchase a meal plan but have the option to choose either the Gold or Red Plan.
- Junior, Senior, and Graduate students living in student housing are not required to purchase a residential meal plan. However, they can purchase either a Gold or Red Plan or any Jax Plan option if they would like to do so.
For any questions regarding a residential meal plan (Gold or Red Plan), please contact the Student Billing at (361) 570-4833, email, or visit the Student Billing, located in the University West Building, Room 113.
Please Note: Junior, Senior, and Graduate residential students and all non-residential students may purchase meal plans at the following locations:
- Gold or Red Plans - purchase through the Student Billing located in the University West building, Room 113 (Campus Maps).
- Jax Plans
- Residential students can purchase through Student Billing, located in the University West Building, Room 113, or by calling (361) 570-4833.
- Non-residential students can purchase a Jax Plan through Student Billing, directly through Dining Services at Jaguar Hall, or by calling Dining Services at (361) 485-4406.
- For more information about meal plans options and prices please visit Housing and Dining Rates.