Texas Women In Computing Summer Camp (TWiC)
The Texas Women in Computing (TWiC) Summer Camp will introduce students to advanced and interesting computer science concepts. During the week students will work on hands-on activities that will bolster their interest in computing and advance their knowledge to a level that will enable them to avoid intimidation when encountering complex computer science concepts in high school or college The main goal of the TWiC Summer Camp is to increase the participation of women in STEM courses, particularly computer science. Other goals include:
- Promote engagement of girls/women in computing from middle school to high school to early college
- Provide an environment for students to focus on building computational thinking skills.
- Strengthen the preparation of girls/young women for future endeavors in computing by developing their mastery of computer science concepts and practices, while raising their aspirations in computing.
Students will learn core computing concepts and competencies such as computers and communication devices, computational thinking, data, algorithms, computer programming, and teamwork. All concepts will be covered in depth, analyzed within student teams, and used to implement problem solutions over the span of the week.
The Texas Women in Computing Summer Camp is made possible by a grant from Alcoa Foundation.
Camp dates: Summer 2020 TBD
- The parental consent form signed by a parent of guardian for each student (Release and Indemnification Agreement ).
- The photograph consent form either signed, or declined by a parent or guardian (Image Authorization).
Click here to apply: Applying window is now: Closed
For more information please contact Dr. Amjad Nusayr.