Request a Letter
There are several reasons that a UHV international student might need a letter from the International Programs Office, such as graduation invitation letters for family overseas, driver's license enrollment and address verification, evidence of good standing letters, etc. Please note that some letters must be notarized. Letters needed for the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) require notarization. UHV has several certified notaries on campus who can be found here.
Note: In order for International Programs to issue the letter, you must be an enrolled student at UHV.
Inviting Your Family
Request a Letter
F-1 students may request the following types of information in an IPO letter:
- Invitation letter inviting a family member to visit you from overseas on a tourist visa
- Invitation letter inviting your spouse or child(ren) to come here as F-2 or J-2 dependents.
- Bringing F-2/J-2 dependents
F-1 Visa Holder Requirements:
- You must be in full-time status.
- You must submit the following documents:
- Copy of marriage certificate (plus a translation in English)
- Copy of dependent's passport
- Official financial documentation - you must show enough funds for you and each dependent (see Cost of Attendance page for funding requirements)
- Submit documents to IPO. We will email you when the documents are ready to be picked up.
- Mail the I-20 and financial documents (bank statements, assistantship letters, etc.) to your dependent(s).
- Dependents should go to a local U.S. Consulate or Embassy for their visa.
- Current UHV F-1 students who return home to marry during their program must first submit/fax a copy of their marriage certificate prior to issuance of their dependent's I-20.
Please allow ONE week for processing of all International Programs letters. If you are travelling outside the U.S. during this process or at any other time, make sure you bring in your I-20 or DS-2019 to our office for a travel endorsement for your re-entry to the U.S.