Article VI. Advisor
The SGA Advisor(s) will be the reference of the Student Government Association regarding university policies and regulations. The Student Government Association will choose an advisor by two-thirds (2/3) vote. The SGA Advisor(s) has the potential to serve as long as they want if that person is not deemed unfit for the position. If the SGA Advisor(s) was deemed unfit, a two-thirds (2/3) vote must be taken to remove that person.
- If the SGA does not have an Advisor(s) then the Vice President of Student Affairs shall serve as interim Advisor until one is appointed by the SGA.
- If the SGA does not have an Advisor(s) then the Vice President of Student Affairs shall serve as a supporting staff member. The Vice President of Student Affairs may appoint someone in their place if unable to serve.
Section 1. Authority, Powers, and Responsibilities
- The SGA Advisor(s) serves at the pleasure of the SGA. The Advisor(s) of the SGA is not a member of the SGA and has no power to vote, set agenda items, or appoint/remove members. Instead the SGA Advisor(s) shall provide comprehensive advice and guidance to all members of the association, as well as students who have questions on the structure and function of the association.
- The SGA Advisor(s) shall provide the Association with information on university policies, state and federal laws, and general information about university and community affairs.
- The SGA Advisor(s) shall enforce university and SGA policies when necessary, and shall serve as an administrative liaison for the association.
- The SGA Advisor(s) shall attend designated meetings and provide advice and feedback to Executive Board members, Justices, and Senators when needed or requested to do so, and maintain regular communication with them.
- The SGA Advisor(s) shall periodically check enrollment status, academic performance, and disciplinary status of all SGA members to ensure that each member is in adherence with the qualifications of their respective position.
- The SGA Advisor(s) shall serve as the fiscal agent or signature authority for all accounts managed by the association.
- The SGA Advisor(s) shall assume responsibility for co-signing all forms required by the university for SGA.