Section: Travel Index: F-6
Subject: Conference Registration Fees
In an effort to reduce an employee’s expense while traveling, registration fees associated with conferences, seminars or workshops (conferences) may be paid in advance by voucher, procurement card, or in some instances by the department’s completion of a delegated departmental purchase order form.
ADVANCE PAYMENT PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION
- Registration fees may be paid up to 6 weeks (42 days) prior to the start of the conference.
- The department may use one of the following methods for payment:
- Voucher - Complete a voucher through the accounts payable system payable to the conference or sponsoring organization.
- Procurement (ProCard) Card – Refer to the UHV ProCard Manual available on the UHV Intranet for instructions to complete.
- UHV Delegated Department Purchase Form – Refer to the UHV Purchasing Manual available on the UHV Intranet for instructions to complete.
- Documentation for each of the payment methods must include:
- Dates and place of the conference
- Name of the attendee
- Title of the conference
- Benefit to the University, and
- Travel request number when overnight travel is involved
- Receipts for registration fees for conferences are not required when prepaying through these methods, although a copy of the conference information indicating registration cost must be attached to the voucher, ProCard backup documentation, or Delegated Department Purchase Form as support.
- Some organizations will accept a copy of the voucher to confirm conference reservations. In those cases a copy of the voucher may be faxed along with a copy of the registration form.
EMPLOYEE REGISTRATION REIMBURSEMENT
An employee may choose to pay for the registration fee using personal funds prior to the conference. Once the conference has concluded, the employee should submit a completed UHV Travel Expense Report Form for an overnight conference or a UHV Business Expense Reimbursement Form for a one-day conference. Proof of payment must be provided for reimbursement of registration fees. Receipts must be itemized and detailed and must clearly show that the expense has been paid (zero balance due) and whether paid directly by the University or not. If a receipt does not clearly show that the expense has been paid, then proof of payment, such as a credit card receipt/statement or cancelled check, must be attached as additional supporting documentation.
RESOURCES AVAILABLE ON UHV INTRANET
- UHV ProCard Manual
- UHV Purchasing Manual
- UHV Travel Expense Report Form
- UHV Delegated Department Purchase Form
- UHV Business Expense Reimbursement Form
Signature Obtained______________ 7/10/18______________
Raymond V. Morgan, Jr., Ph.D. Date
Next review date: July 2023
Origination: Finance Department