Emergency Messages to Students
Section: Student Services Index: D-2
Subject: Emergency Messages To Students
In certain types of emergencies, attempts will be made to notify students. For purposes of this policy, emergencies are defined as those that involve a death, illness, injury, accident, or a threat to a student’s livelihood or property.
- A student’s ill or injured child requires parental consent for treatment,
- A family or household member is injured or ill,
- A student’s employer calls regarding a business emergency where the student’s job may depend on his or her response.
- Student emergency messages received by the campus switchboard or other campus office should be transferred to the Office of Student Life and Services (SLS).
- SLS personnel will:
- determine whether or not the situation is an emergency, as defined by this policy,
- attempt to determine the student’s location and attempt to deliver the message,
- communicate with switchboard or campus office whether the message was delivered or not.
Raymond V. Morgan, Jr., Ph.D.
Originating Department: Student Recruitment and Relations
Next Review Date: October 2018