Skip to main content
Jaguar Logo


Select Language

Donation Reports

Section: General
Index: A-10


Reports to donors should be issued from the Office of University Advancement (OUA). The Vice President for University Advancement and External Relations will follow guidelines of UHS Administrative Memorandum, Gift Acceptance Policies, Number 08.A.03.


Grants: For the purpose of this policy, “grants” refer to non-federal or non-state government grants.


A Gift Transmittal Form (GTF) is to be completed for all monetary and non-monetary (in-kind) gifts or grants for the department receiving the gift or grant. To ensure proper tracking and acknowledgment of university donations, and to report donations to the University of Houston System, the department is responsible for immediately forwarding to the OUA the check and all related documents received, including donor name, amount, and gift designation, accompanying documentation and envelope in which the gift was received.

The Gift Transmittal Form is created and used by OUA. OUA will complete this form for all gifts received in the OUA as well as those received from other departments and forward a copy of the forms to the UHS - Office of University Advancement: Gift Processing & Records and/or Treasurer’s Office for documentation and tax receipting.

The Gift Transmittal Form should reflect the 1) fully executed gift agreement or schedule for payments (if applicable), 2) any restrictions or designations indicated by the donor, or by the institution if the donor does not make such determination, and 3) any special instructions pertinent to the gift or grant. Any corrections to the form will be completed by the Office of University Advancement and disseminated.

The cost center to which the donation will be deposited must be provided by the department that received the donation and is part of completing the Gift Transmittal Form prior to making the deposit. If the department is not sure which cost center to use or if they believe a new cost center is needed, they should consult with the Office of University Advancement.

The donation, with a deposit form and the Gift Transmittal Form, will be sent to the Finance Department. The Finance Department will deposit the donation. Funds received for an endowment must be sent directly to the Office of University Advancement which will document and forward such gifts to the University of Houston System Treasurer for deposit to the appropriate endowment trust account.

All Gift-in-Kind (GIK) transmittal forms will be forwarded to the UHS gift processing and records office by OUA. Any department approached about gifts-in-kind should contact OUA immediately so that necessary approvals are obtained, documentation including completion of a Gift-in-Kind transmittal form, and determination that the GIK is relevant to the work of the university is explored prior to acceptance of the GIK. OUA will forward the completed form to the UHS for proper processing, along with copies of all supporting and accompanying documentation.


Approved By:

Signature Obtained 07/24/2023
Robert K. Glenn, Ph.D.

Next Review Date: July 2028 (5 Years)
Origination: Office of University of Advancement