OneDrive Usage Guidelines
UHV Information Technology is providing OneDrive access for all UHV employees and enrolled students. This online storage space can be used to store your personal work files easily and securely across multiple devices at any location that has an Internet connection. You can share files with co-workers and colleagues, edit Office documents in real-time with Office Online, and sync files to your local computer with the OneDrive App. As this is a cloud service, there are a few guidelines that must be followed.
Per System Policy (see SAM 07.A.08), all information is classified into 3 categories, Level 1, 2 and 3. These are:
- Level 1: Private information that:
- by law, code or policy must remain private. This includes employee financial information, student’s grades, and personally identifying information such as student’s contact information and Social Security numbers.
- is considered “Mission Critical” for the business of UHV
- Level 2: Private information you want treated like Level 1, and information that’s currently private or confidential, but will eventually be public such as research and lecture notes.
- Level 3: Public information
What NOT to store in your OneDrive folder
Files that belong to and are shared within your department should be stored in your Departmental V: Drive.
What TO store in your OneDrive folder
- Assignments for students
- External projects
- Journal Articles
- P & T Materials
- Personal Mileage Logs
- PowerPoint Files
- Student evaluations
- Yearly Performance Evaluations
- Your CV
How to Access your OneDrive folder
If you want to skip the instructions, go directly to the web address and sign-in with your UHV Account.
Log into Office 365 using your UHV account: Instructions can be found here.
Click on the OneDrive icon
To download the OneDrive App on your computer or device, click on “Get the OneDrive apps” in the bottom left corner. Follow the onscreen instructions for the device(s) you want OneDrive on.
Note: DO NOT sync your UHV OneDrive to your personal computer or device.