UHV programs receive honors in latest rankings
The University of Houston-Victoria has been recognized across 10 different categories according to Intelligent.com in its latest rankings of programs and universities in the U.S.
“I am thrilled that our university has achieved these remarkable recognitions,” said UHV President Bob Glenn. “This accomplishment reflects the dedication of our faculty and staff, the quality of our students and our commitment to academic excellence. We take great pride in the strides we have made and look forward to continued success in shaping our students into future leaders and innovators.”
The 10 rankings include:
- 7th in Best Online Master's in Creative Writing Degree Programs of 2024
- 11th in Best Online MBA in Entrepreneurship Degree Programs of 2024
- 13th in Most Affordable Online Master’s in Special Education Degree Programs of 2024
- 15th in Best Online Master's in Behavioral Psychology Degree Programs of 2024
- 17th in Most Affordable Online Bachelor’s in Finance Degree Programs
- 18th in Best Online Master’s in Higher Education Degree Programs of 2024
- 29th in Best Online Colleges in Texas
- 33rd in Best Online Master's in Adult Education Degree Programs of 2024
- 37th in Best Online MBA in Human Resources Degree Programs of 2024
- 42nd in Best Online Master's in Educational Administration Degree Programs of 2024
According to its website, Intelligent.com is a resource for students to use to plan out their higher education careers and is also used to rank programs within universities. The website ranks each institution on a scale from 0 to 100 across six categories. Evaluations are based on quantitative measures such as academic quality, graduation rate, cost, return on investment and student resources.
“At UHV, we have consistently provided our students with strong online options for their education,” said UHV Provost Chance Glenn. “It is a reflection on our faculty and staff that we continue to be recognized for excellence in these areas. I would like to thank them for their exemplary work. As President Glenn says, our goal is to get students from where they are to where they need to be. This recognition is an excellent example of this.”
On average, bachelor’s degree holders earn approximately $2.8 million over a lifetime period which is a 31 percent increase than those with an associate degree and 84 percent more than those with just a high school diploma, according to a report from Georgetown University’s Center on Education and the Workforce. Moreover, the trajectory of earnings ascends with the level of educational attainment, showcasing a progressively larger payoff.
The University of Houston-Victoria, located in the heart of the Coastal Bend region since 1973 in Victoria, Texas, offers courses leading to more than 50 academic programs in the schools of Arts & Sciences; Business Administration; and Education, Health Professions & Human Development. UHV provides face-to-face classes at its Victoria campus, as well as an instructional site in Katy, Texas, and online classes that students can take from anywhere. UHV supports the American Association of State Colleges and Universities Opportunities for All initiative to increase awareness about state colleges and universities and the important role they have in providing a high-quality and accessible education to an increasingly diverse student population, as well as contributing to regional and state economic development.