University of Houston-Victoria

Victim Intervention and Prevention


How you can help

If a friend or loved one is experiencing some form of interpersonal violence, there are many things you can do:

* Educate yourself so you can educate your friend / loved one

* Ask for help and guidance - call the VIP program at (361)570-4135 or toll-free at (855)848-4279 (1-855-UHV-ICRY)

* Learn about local resources (e.g., shelters, women's centers).


If someone you care about has been raped, please look at the Identifying Sexual Assault pdf for further steps.