Blackboard Ally (also available in Canvas)
UH System purchased Blackboard Ally to improve accessibility of content in online courses. UHV pilot tested the program in summer 2020 and launched the resource for all online Blackboard courses in fall 2020. To discover the tools offered through Blackboard Ally, please review the resources below.
What resources are available to Instructors about Blackboard Ally?
Introduction in the Blackboard Ally Overview video (3 minutes)
Skim the Blackboard Ally explanatory pages:
- Instructor Quick Start introduction
- More about Alternative Formats for Instructors
- Understanding Ally Accessibility Scores for Instructors
- Viewing File Accessibility in detail for Instructors
- See tips on how to Improve Accessibility Issues (you can also review information in other Skills on Demand sections)
- Instructor FAQs
What resources are available to share with students?
Encouraging students to utilize resources for accessible content can help any student in your course regardless of potential disability status. See more information in Technology Accessibility or in the Intranet resources for employees. Consider the resources below in sharing Blackboard Ally with your students and helping to answer any questions.
- Student information in the Ally for Students video (1 minute)
- Student FAQs
- Ally First Steps to download alternative formats video (1 minute)