University of Houston-Victoria

Title IX and Equal Opportunity


UHV Title IX Resources

The Title IX/Equal Opportunity Office is available with or without a formal complaint to discuss services and policies. The Title IX and Equal Opportunity Coordinator is Rebecca Lake and she is located in University West 116, and available by phone at (361)570-4835. 

Always call 911 in an emergency, or contact campus security for a non-emergency at:

(361)570-HELP or (361)570-4357 (Victoria) or (281)396-3777 (Katy)

Get Emergency Help
Dial 911

File a Criminal Complaint with campus UH Police or request Security

Victoria Visitors, Employees or Students call:

(361)570-HELP; (361)570-4357

For Front Desk/Security at UHV-Katy, call (281)396-3777

Report Sexual Misconduct and Get Help from Title IX Coordinator

Visitors, Employees or Students call:

(361)570-4835; Rebecca Lake

Seek Medical Attention with Help of a Confidential Advisor  

Students call:
Toll Free: (855)848-4279

Seek Counseling 

Victoria Area Students call:
Toll Free: (855)848-4279

Houston Area Students call:
Toll Free and After Hours: (800)346-3549

Get Confidential Help Through the UT Employee Assistance Program 

Employees call:
(713)500-3327 or toll-free (800)346-3549

Interim services are available through the Title IX/Equal Opportunity Office. Services can include housing changes, academic support, on-campus workplace changes, security escorts, no-contact orders, information about local medical providers and more.

The Title IX/Equal Opportunity Office provides resources and policy guidance to students, faculty, staff and visitors. The Title IX/Equal Opportunity Coordinator also provides training to campus constituents on issues of sexual misconduct, prevention and response.

The UHV Counseling Center is available free to students to provide confidential counseling services at University West 132 or by calling (361)570-4135. The Employee Assistance Program is available for counseling and other referral services at (713)500-3327 or (800)346-3549 (toll free) for benefits-eligible employees, faculty and staff.

For non-UHV resources and assistance, also see relevant off campus resources.