Equal Opportunity Questions
You can learn more about relevant policies by visiting the University of Houston System Anti-Discrimination Policy. See also the UHV Policies page, the UHV Student Handbook and the UHV Faculty Manual.
Under the policy, this individual will:
- Coordinate efforts to comply with and implement the Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- Oversee administrative investigations of reports of discrimination or harassment.
- Arrange investigation with other University of Houston System campuses as applicable.
- Discuss options, provide information about services, and explain policies.
- Deliver individual, group and campus education and training on relevant issues.
The University will take appropriate action in an effort toeliminate discrimination and harassment, prevent recurrence and address any effects.All members of the University community are expected to:
- Adhere to the Anti-Discrimination Policy,
- Report conduct or behavior that they believe to be in violation of the Policy to the Equal Opportunity Coordinator, and
- Cooperate with the procedures for responding to complaints of unlawful discrimination and harassment.
The University will take seriously allegations of unlawful discrimination and harassment. The University will work to ensure that all persons receive appropriate support and fair treatment.
Where do I find information about the complaint process, confidentiality, sanctions, appeals and other relevant procedures?
You can learn more about the investigation, complaint and appeal processes by visiting the Anti-Discrimination Policy.