Update: Upcoming Closures
Winter Break Closure
The UHV Testing Center in Victoria will be closed from December 17, 2018 to January 4, 2019. The Testing Center will resume normal business hours on Monday, January 7, 2019. In addition, Testing Services will be unvailable at UHV-Katy during this time.
UHV students can take advantage of Testing Services' make-up testing. Like all of the other testing services, make-up testing is typically offered at specific times and by appointment only. Appointments can be scheduled by contacting the Testing Center.
To submit a makeup exam, please follow the steps below:
- Complete the online Make-Up Request Form at least seven (7) business days before the exam (See Testing Policies and Procedures below).
- Please include any special instructions on this form.
- Instruct students to contact the Testing Center to schedule an appointment time to take the make-up exam.
To take a make-up exam, please follow the steps below:
- If you need to schedule a makeup exam, please contact the Testing Center at least seven (7) business days before the exam (See Testing Policies and Procedures below).
- Inform your instructor about your appointment date and time. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the Testing Center receives your exam materials.
- Arrive on time for the appointment. Students who are late to the appointment may not be allowed to test and may have to reschedule at the instructor's discretion.
- Bring a valid photo Identification Card or Driver’s License to establish positive identification prior to taking the test. Students will not be allowed to test without presenting a valid ID.
- Leave cell phones or any electronic communication devices in vehicle or at home. A student who uses a cell phone or is in possession of a cell phone may be dismissed from the testing center.
Testing Policies and Procedures
- Requests for proctors for students with disabilities, makeup, or ITV exams must be made at least seven (7) business days in advance of the test date. Proctors are not guaranteed for requests made six or fewer days before the date of the test, although every effort will be made to find a proctor.
- Faculty must use either the Testing Referral Form or online form in order to request a proctor or testing appointment. Other types of requests will not be treated as official requests.
- Flexibility on time and/or day of the test may be required during peak times (midterms and finals).
- The Testing Center does not proctor regularly scheduled exams (including midterms or finals) unless they are ITV exams.
- Appointments are always mandatory. Appointments must be made at least seven (7) business days before the test date. Space is not guaranteed after this deadline.
- It is the student’s responsibility to request taking a test in the Testing Center with their professor.
- We do not offer walk-in testing appointments.
- Students with a documented disability must have testing accommodations approved through the Office of Disability Services. Once approved, students with disabilities must meet with the Testing Coordinator as soon as possible to schedule exams (Academic Testing for Students Form) and arrange appropriate accommodations.
Cell phones and other electronic communication or photographic devices are prohibited in testing rooms. Possession or use of cell phones or other devices may result in your dismissal from the testing room and the voiding of your test score. If you're taking a standardized test (e.g., TExES/ExCET, MAT, or BTLPT), please read your admisssion ticket and other registration materials carefully.
Questions and Contact Information:
Office Location (Testing Center Hours and Location):