UHV students can take advantage of Testing Services' make-up testing. Like all of the other testing services, make-up testing is typically offered at specific times and by appointment only. Appointments can be scheduled by contacting the Testing Center.
- Complete the online Testing Request Form at least seven (7) business days before the exam (See Testing Policies and Proceduresbelow). Appointments will not be scheduled without Request Form.
- Please include any special instructions on this form.
- Instruct students to contact the Testing Center by phone, 361-485-4500, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule an appointment time to take the makeup exam.
- Send the exam materials to email@example.com.
After a Request Form has been submitted, students may schedule an appointment with Testing Services. To take a makeup exam, please follow the steps below:
- If you need to schedule a makeup exam, please contact the Testing Center at least seven (7) business days before the exam (See Testing Policies and Procedures below). Be sure to include your student ID number, instructor's name and course number. Appointments will not be scheduled without a Request Form from the instructor.
- Inform your instructor about your appointment date and time. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the Testing Center receives your exam materials.
- Arrive on time for the appointment. Students who are late to the appointment may not be allowed to test and may have to reschedule at the instructor's discretion.
- Bring a valid photo Identification Card or Driver’s License to establish positive identification prior to taking the test. Students will not be allowed to test without presenting a valid ID.
- Leave cell phones or any electronic communication devices in vehicle or at home. A student who uses a cell phone or is in possession of a cell phone may be dismissed from the testing center.
Testing Policies and Procedures
- Requests for proctors for students with disabilities, makeup, or ITV exams must be made at least seven (7) business days in advance of the test date. Proctors are not guaranteed for requests made six or fewer days before the date of the test, although every effort will be made to find a proctor.
- Faculty must use either the Testing Referral Form or online form in order to request a proctor or testing appointment. Other types of requests will not be treated as official requests.
- Flexibility on time and/or day of the test may be required during peak times (midterms and finals).
- The Testing Center does not proctor regularly scheduled exams (including midterms or finals) unless they are ITV exams.
- Appointments are always mandatory. Appointments must be made at least seven (7) business days before the test date. Space is not guaranteed after this deadline.
- It is the student’s responsibility to request taking a test in the Testing Center with their professor.
- We do not offer walk-in testing appointments.
- Students with a documented disability must have testing accommodations approved through the Office of Disability Services. Once approved, students with disabilities must meet with the Testing Coordinator as soon as possible to schedule exams (Academic Testing for Students Form) and arrange appropriate accommodations.
Cell phones, watches and other electronic communication or photographic devices are prohibited in testing rooms. Possession or use of cell phones or other devices may result in your dismissal from the testing room and the voiding of your test score. If you're taking a standardized test (e.g., TExES/ExCET, MAT, or BTLPT), please read your admisssion ticket and other registration materials carefully.
Questions and Contact Information:
Please visit our contact us page.
Note: Consult your admission ticket to learn the location of your exam.