Cell phones, watches, and other electronic communication or photographic devices are prohibited in testing rooms and should be stored in a locker at the testing center or in your vehicle. Possession or use of cell phones or other devices in the testing room may result in dismissal and the voiding of test score(s). If taking a standardized test (e.g., TExES/ExCET, MAT, or BTLPT), please read admission ticket and other registration materials carefully as they contain specific instructions about your appointment.
Note: Consult your admission ticket to learn the location of your exam.
Questions and Contact Information: Call (361) 485-4500 or email Testing@uhv.edu
Testing Policies and Procedures
- Requests for proctors for students with accommodations, makeup exams, ITV classes, or large class administrations must be made at least seven (7) business days in advance of the test date. Proctors are not guaranteed for requests made six or fewer days before the date of the test, although every effort will be made to find a proctor.
- Faculty must use either the online form or RegisterBlast in order to request a proctor or testing appointment. Other types of requests will not be treated as official requests.
- Rosters must be submitted unless instructor is present (large class administrations).
- Students, including ITV classes, must have a valid, unexpired photo ID (Paw Pass, Driver's License, State ID, Passport, or other government-issued photo ID) to test.
- Flexibility on time and/or day of the test may be required during peak times (midterms and finals).
- All UHV exams administered in Blackboard must be taken through Respondus Lockdown Browser or another lockdown application. Testing Services will not proctor any UHV exams, at the Testing Center or off-site, that are not setup for a Lockdown application such as Respondus Lockdown Browser.
- Testing Services does not proctor regularly scheduled exams, including midterms or finals, unless they are ITV exams or the instructor needs additional help with a large administration.