Remote Testing at Another Institution
All incoming college students are required to take the TSI Assessment 2.0 unless already exempt. The TSI Assessment 2.0 is a program designed to help determine college-level coursework readiness in the general areas of Mathematics and English Language Arts and Reading. TSIA 2.0 program also will help determine what type of course(s) or intervention will best meet the student's needs to become better prepared for college-level coursework if they are not ready.
UHV students are permitted to take the TSIA2 at a remote location when traveling to UHV in Victoria, Texas would pose a hardship for the student and their family. Students needing a remotely administered TSIA2 should complete the following steps:
- Complete the TSI Pre-Assessment Activity by creating an account and logging into the Accuplacer Study App. Then choose Texas Success Initiative 2.0 Pre-Assessment Activity. After completion, print out the pre-assessment certificate and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Find a remote testing site through the Accuplacer Student Portal. Contact preferred institution(s) to confirm availability.
- Once a remote site is located, register for the TSI Assessment 2.0 Remote Voucher on RegisterBlast. The voucher fee is $20.50. Vouchers will be issued with three (3) business days.
- A Remote Testing Voucher will be sent to the email address provided at registration. It will contain test registration and payment instructions for the selected testing site. Students are responsible for any proctoring fees at the testing site.
- On test day, students will need to take their voucher and a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID with signature to their testing appointment. Failure to bring testing voucher or proper identification may result in cancellation of appointment and forfeit of testing fees. Students are expected to follow all proctor instructions at the remote test site or scores may be cancelled.
Things to Know Before Taking the TSI Assessment
All incoming freshman attending a public higher education institution in Texas are required to satisfy Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements unless exempted.
The TSI Assessment is an untimed, computer-based exam that is response adaptive (the next question is determined by how the previous question was answered). Test scores are available upon completing the test and should be interpreted by an academic advisor.
Cell phones (and other electronic communication devices) are not permitted in the testing room. Examinees should leave cell phones at home, or in a vehicle. An examinee using a cell phone or possessing a cell phone during the test session will be dismissed, and the scores may be voided.
Cell phones, watches, and other electronic communication or photographic devices are prohibited in testing rooms and should be stored in a locker at the testing center or in your vehicle. Possession or use of cell phones or other devices in the testing room may result in dismissal and the voiding of test score(s). If taking a standardized test (e.g., TExES/ExCET, MAT, or BTLPT), please read admission ticket and other registration materials carefully as they contain specific instructions about your appointment.
Note: Consult your admission ticket to learn the location of your exam.
Questions and Contact Information:
Please visit our Contact Us page.