Taking the TSI Assessment 2.0 Online through UHV Testing Services
Due to COVID-19 impacts, the TSI Assessment is available online through UHV Testing Services. Exams are taken on the Accuplacer platform and are monitored by a live proctor through Microsoft Teams video chat application. Students need to verify system requirements and internet connection before registering for an online appointment.
If you have questions about verifying your system, please contact Testing Services, email@example.com.
Verify Accuplacer System Requirements
CHROMEBOOKS CANNOT BE USED FOR TSIA2 TESTING.
1. Check that your computer can run ACCUPLACER. Verify system requirements at TSIA2.accuplacer.org. Click on Verify System.
2. Check that features Pass. Install/change any settings as required. Note: Mobile devices may NOT be used for testing. Only laptops or desktops are allowed and must have webcam and microphone (internal or external). Tablets, iPads, and/or cellphones CANNOT be used to test.
3. Check your extended information as well.
4. If your connection speed is low, try these steps to increase speed. Then check your speed again.
- Have all other devices disconnected from Wi-Fi or Network (no one else is using the internet). Other devices, streaming services (such as Netflix), or playing video games may slow down your internet connection and disconnect you from your exam.
- If possible, connect with an Ethernet cable or move as close as possible to your router.
Installing Microsoft Teams (After registering, complete this step once you receive notification by email that you have been added to Teams.)
1. Go to the Microsoft Teams website, download and install Teams: https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/download-app.
2. To check that Teams was set up correctly, make a test call. Instructions are here, https://support.office.com/en-us/article/manage-your-call-settings-in-teams-456cb611-3477-496f-b31a-6ab752a7595f. See MAKE A TEST CALL and CHANGE YOUR DEFAULT MIC, SPEAKER, OR CAMERA. Please use the option to join with video.
Registering for the TSI Assessment
2. After completing TSI Pre-Assessment Activity, forward complete confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or print and have ready for test day.
4. A confirmation email is sent with additional details about your appointment. Please read it carefully.
5. Within 24 hours, a testing voucher is sent to your email. Record the voucher number. You must have the voucher number to test.
Testing Fees (Paid online on RegisterBlast)
English Language Arts and Reading (ELAR): $10.50
On Test Day
Have the following testing materials ready:
1. TWO pencils. Mechanical pencils are not permitted.
2. THREE (3) sheets of scratch paper. Must be unused and clean of any marks. Paper with earsed marks is not permitted.
3. Valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID (driver's license, state ID card, passport, permanent resident card, handgun license, or tribal ID), or school photo ID.
4. Test Voucher or voucher number
Headphones are optional. Calculators, cellphones, and other electronic devices are not permitted and cannot be in the room. If you are testing on a desktop computer, a cellphone will be required to complete space validaiton. Once vaildation is complete, the phone must be switched off and placed away from the test area.
Get ready for your appointment:
1. Check your internet connection speed, and verify requirements again.
2. Inform others that you will be testing to ensure quiet, secure test session. Kindly ask others to refrain from using online services to prevent disruptions while testing.
3. Have your testing materials, photo ID, voucher number ready, and TSI pre-assessment activity certificate (if not emailed to email@example.com) ready.
4. Clear desk/testing area of ALL unnecessary objects and prohibited items.
5. Double screens are not allowed. Secondary screen must be removed prior to appointment.
6. Close all third party programs.
7. Open Microsoft teams and join the meeting with video option 15 minutes before appointment.
8. Follow the proctor's instructions.
9. Testing sessions are recorded to maintain test security.
10. Option to print score report is available and/or sent to your email.
11. Score report is sent to UHV Admissions and Recruitment after testing.
|TSIA (before January 11, 2021)||TSIA2 (after January 11, 2021)|
|Subject||College Readiness Scores||Subject||College Readiness Scores|
|Math||350 or higher||Math||CRC 950 – 990
CRC 910 – 949 AND Diagnostic Level 6
|Reading||351 or higher||English Language Arts and Reading*||CRC 945 – 990 AND Essay 5 – 8
CRC 910 – 944 AND Diagnostic Level 5 – 6 AND Essay 5-8
|Writing||340 or higher AND an essay score of at least 4; OR A placement score of less than 340 and an ABE diagnostic level of at least a 4 and an essay score of at least 5||
*Students who are incomplete in Reading or Writing and wish to retest in one of the subjects will have to take the TSIA2 ELAR Test as reading and writing are no longer available as separate subjects.
All incoming college students are required to take the TSI Assessment unless already exempt. The TSI Assessment is a program designed to help determine college-level coursework readiness in the general areas of reading, writing and mathematics. The TSI Assessment program also will help determine what type of course(s) or intervention will best meet the student's needs to become better prepared for college-level coursework if they are not ready.
For information on requirements and exemptions, see the Academic Catalog, https://catalog.uhv.edu/content.php?catoid=3&navoid=155#tsi-and-transfer-students.
The TSI Assessment is a computer-based exam that is response adaptive (the next question is determined by how the previous question was answered). Test scores are available upon completing the test and should be interpreted by an academic advisor.
Cell phones, watches, and other electronic communication or photographic devices are prohibited in testing rooms. Possession or use of cell phones or other devices may result in dismissal from the testing room and the voiding of test score(s). If taking a standardized test (e.g., TExES/ExCET, MAT, or BTLPT), please read admission ticket and other registration materials carefully.
Note: Consult your admission ticket to learn the location of your exam.
Questions and Contact Information:
Please visit our Contact Us page.