How to Connect to WiFi
- Automatically Onboard
- Connect to UHVGuest then visit https://wifi.uhv.edu .
- Follow the onscreen prompts to finish.
- Manual Setup Instructions
Need Help? – Please contact us with any of your WiFi questions, concerns, or problems
Contacting the UHV Help Desk
Victoria Campus | UC 203 | x4399
Katy Campus | 3-19 | x3919
What is onboarding? Onboarding is a simplified process of connecting your devices to our WiFi environment.
Simplified process regardless of device
- Certificate based security
- Certificate lifespan:
As part of the onboarding process, a certificate is installed on your device. This means you don’t need to re-enter your account information all the time. The certificates have a lifespan and can change without notice.
Below are the current lifespans for Students:
- Certificates will expire after the conclusion of the Spring and Summer semesters
- Use during the Fall semester, and Spring semester is included
Below are the current lifespans for Faculty and Staff:
- Certificates will expire 365 days after issued
- If you onboard August 15, 2016 the certificate expires August 14, 2017
Visit https://wifi.uhv.edu and complete the onboarding process to get a new certificate.
Jaguar Wifi Network (secure access)
- The WiFi network for UHV Students, Faculty, and Staff
- The faster WiFi network
- UHV account required
- Provides secure communication
- Full access to campus resources
- Device Connection Guides
UHVGuest WiFi Network
- The WiFi network for UHV campus visitors
- No registration or login account required
- Internet access only
- Unencrypted WiFi Network
- Limited bandwidth