Beijing, Tianjin and Jinan City, China
MGMT 4391/6391 Leadership Management: Comparison And Application Between The East And The West
The 14 night, faculty led study abroad summer 2019 program to Beijing, Tianjin and Jinan Cities, sponsored by the Wu-Feng Center for International Studies, offers UHV students a unique opportunity to build leadership and management capabilities, to become more competitive in the dynamic international business environment.
The program compares East and Western business techniques including several cultural and business visits. The course includes lectures and presentations by Chinese and American academicians and business executives. Chairman Wu, entrepreneur and sponsor, shares insights from his more than 50 years of hard and successful work experience and is the author of the course text book. UHV students will study with Chinese students and all lectures will be taught in English.
This course counts as a concentration or broadening course for the BBA degree and as a concentration course on the Strategic and Global MBA degree plans. For more information students can review the 2019 China Course Schedule. Accounting and Non-business majors should check with their advisor.
The air fare from Houston to Beijing return is included in the price. Students will leave from Houston IAH airport on Air China direct flight to Beijing very early on Friday, July 12th and return to Houston on Sunday July 28, 2019. Check in is at Houston IAH airport on Friday evening, July 13 at 10 p.m.
The program cost is $4,200 (before scholarship) which includes all of the following:
Round trip airfare from Houston to Beijing ($1,700 value)
Travel on bullet train to Tianjin and Jinan
14 nights of accommodation based on double occupancy
Most meals during the entire stay in China
Ground transportation in China including from and to Beijing airport and all scheduled activities
Admission to scheduled events including the Summer Palace, Great Wall, Forbidden City, Home of Confucius, Tai Mountain, shopping and business site visits
Additional costs include:
Regular UHV tuition and fees at published rates for undergraduate and graduate students
- Chinese visa application fee: Approximately $140
- International Student ID Card (Cost $20 + shipping)
- Travell insurance through Cultural Insurance Services International (Depends according to student age. Cost can range from $50-$150)
Passport application (Expiration date must be Feb 1st, 2020 or later)
- Personal spending money
- Apr 1st - Completed application along with the non-refundable application fee of $250
- Apr 1st - Submit a copy of the biographical page of the passport, the passport expiration date must be no later than Feb. 1st 2020 or later.
- Apr 1st- Wu-Feng Scholarships Confirmation notification will be sent out to all students who completed the application along with the application fee
- Apr 10th - Those with a pending passport application, must submit a copy of the biographical page of the passport no later than April 1st. Failing to submit the copy of the passport will run the risk of not making the Chinese Consulate appointment to receive the visa to enter China.
- May 1st - Payment of $2,250 is due
- May 10th- Students must order the International Student ID Card (Basic) card online (cost $30), mailing of the card may vary. As soon as you make the payment of $2250, go ahead and get the card processed.
- May 10th- Once the payment of $2250 is paid, go ahead and purchase your health insurance at Cultural Insurance Services International.
- May 25th - UHV Tuition due. Visit UHV Student Billing for more information
- June 4th - Visit to the Chinese Consulate and Mandatory pre-departure orientation (8am to 5pm all day event, the orientation will be at UHV Katy)
- July 13th - Check in at 10pm at Houston International Airport (IAH) depart at 1am
- July 15th - Arrive at Beijing and start program in China
A limited number of scholarships are available through the Wu-Feng Center for International Business Studies, up to $2,000 in value. Apply early.
The application deadline is April 1st, 2019. To reserve a place and qualify for the Wu-Feng $2,000 scholarship, complete the application form and pay the $250.00 deposit through - within seven days of applying. Signed releases and a copy of the applicant's passport are also required. The deposit will be applied towards the program fee and is non-refundable unless UHV cancels the program.
The remaining charges must be paid by the dates listed on this schedule:
Deposit of $250 upon application
Wu-Feng Scholarship Award in the amount of $2,250 by May 1st 2019
Tution and fee due by May 25th
To apply, please complete the following forms:
- Complete the Study Abroad China Tour Application
- Submit the application along with
- $250 Deposit
- Biographical page of your unexpired passport (Expiration later than Feb 1st, 2020)
For more information please contact:
Academic Advisor, School of Business Administration, University North Building Suite 212
Phone: (361) 570-4242 or (877) 970-4848