Start a New Organization
If an organization does not exist in a particular area of interest, a minimum of five (5) students can form an interest group to start the process of becoming a registered student organization. Interest groups must Register An Organization through JagSync. All required information must be completed before the Interest Group is considered for approval.
Before registering your Interest Group, students must have the following information:
- Name of Interest Group
- Five (5) members, three (3) of which must hold officer positions and have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Officers must consist of UHV students only.
- Name of a UHV faulty/staff advisor (organizations are required to have an advisor)
- Constitution regarding its method of operation (sample constitution can be found in the Student Organization Handbook)
*An interest group may form if they have less than five (5) members but they will be ineligible to apply for student organization funds.
The following articles should be included in all organizational constitutions:
- Name of the Organization
- Purpose and Goals of the Organization
- Qualifications of Membership
- Officers, the Election Process, and Duties (terms of office)
- Selection of an Advisor
- Meetings of the Organization
- Financial Obligations
- Non-Hazing Clause
- Constitutional Amendments and Review
Student Life will review the required submissions and verify that the Interest Group’s purpose is lawful and within university regulations. If the requirements of registration are not approved, the organization may appeal the decision to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
To register a new Interest Group, please follow the steps below:
- Select the following link https://uhv.presence.io/ and login with your UHV email (studentID@uhv.edu) and password
- Once on the home page, scroll down to Campus Forms and select the “Organization Registration” form OR select the Forms tab at the top of the page and then select the “Organization Registration” form
- Fill in the details and be sure to select that you are a Student Organization under the “Categories” box
- Organizations should provide the names of at least five (5) current members on their “Roster”, including a President, Vice President and Treasurer AND the name of their UHV faculty/staff Advisor. You will also need to include a copy of your constitution.
- Once completed, submit the form and a staff member will contact you within 12 days regarding your new Interest Group.
Be sure to review the Student Organizations Handbook before completing the registration form.