COVID-19 Guidelines for Conducting Student Organization Meetings
Student organizations should refrain from meeting in person when possible and should not make in person meetings mandatory for any members. If you must conduct an essential meeting for organizational business, virtual meetings are preferred. UHV offers a free option to meet virtually through Microsoft Teams in Office 365 within your JagSpace account. If an organization is unable to conduct virtual meetings, the following guidelines must be followed.
Meetings must be submitted on JagSync to be approved by the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Once your meeting has been approved on JagSync, the meeting location must be reserved on the University Calendar.
- No more than 10 individuals in an indoor space and no more than 25 individuals in an outdoor space. If attendance meets maximum capacity, event hosts will be asked to implement a one in/one out policy.
- Attendee logs must be implemented at all events so future contact tracing can occur, if needed.
- Face coverings are required.
- Maintain 6 ft apart (about the length of two arms).
- Arrange desks to face in the same direction.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer prior to entering space.
- Giveaways are permitted but should be set-up so that attendees only touch what they are taking.
- Consumption of food or drinks is not allowed.
- Sanitize equipment used before and after meeting. Sanitation kits can be retrieved from the Department of Student Life by contacting Hilary Kofron at email@example.com or 361-485-4409.
These guidelines are effective as of August 24, 2020 and will be updated as conditions change.