High School Robotics Course
The UHV Fall 2023 Robotics, Programming, and Simulation Courses/Research Projects are a great opportunity for local area high school students to learn how to use advanced robotics tools and engineering concepts to create Artificial Intelligence applications. Up to 12 students from high schools in the area will be selected. This course is funded by a grant from Alcoa Foundation.
VEX IQ robotics kits will be used for the robotics portion of the program. Students will learn how to program autonomous robots using different software and Artificial Intelligence Programming. We will be hosting the Robotics course in the UHV Robotics lab located at UHV. Students will work in groups of 2 sharing ideas and brainstorming with each other to produce designs and create coding solutions.
- Application start date will be Monday, 9/04/2023
- Last day to apply is Wednesday, 9/13/2023
- Student selection notification by the end of Friday, 9/15/2023
- Classes begin on Monday, 9/25/2023, at UHV Robotics Lab (instructions will be emailed)
- Camp sessions will be held on Mon and Wed of each week at 5:00 pm to 6:15 p.m.
- The camp will last until the week before Thanksgiving, Wednesday, 11/15/2023
To be considered for the program, please fill in the application form. Please read the instructions carefully and email all the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. All fields are required, and the system will not allow you to submit an incomplete application. A photo release form and a liability release form must be signed by you and your parent/guardian and (emailed) returned before you can participate in the course. If all documentation is not completed on the first day of the course, you will not be able to participate.