Presidential Search Announcement
Search Committee for President of UH-Victoria Announced
HOUSTON, Oct. 17, 2017 – The University of Houston System Tuesday announced the members of a search committee charged with finding the next president of the University of Houston-Victoria.
Renu Khator, chancellor of the UH System, said the goal is to have a new president on campus for the fall 2018 semester.
The search committee will be chaired by Roger Welder, a UH System regent, and Dona Cornell, vice chancellor of legal affairs and general counsel for the system.
President Vic Morgan announced his retirement and departure from UHV this spring after taking over as interim president in 2014. Morgan served on a year-to-year contract, extended three times during his tenure.
He will remain in office until fall 2018.
In announcing the membership of the search committee, which includes representatives from the UHV student body, faculty and staff, as well as the Victoria community, Khator said the committee is charged with developing a strong and diverse pool of candidates, inviting finalists for campus interviews and providing an assessment of each finalist.
Committee members include:
• Alvaro De La Cruz, president of the UHV Student Government Association
• Estella De Los Santos, professor of mathematics education in the UHV School of Education, Health Professions and Human Development
• Claud Jacobs, partner at Lodestone Financial Services
• Janey Lack, executive and community leader
• Fred Litton, dean of the UHV School of Education, Health Professions and Human Development
• Diana Lopez, associate professor of creative writing in the UHV School of Arts & Sciences
• Camilla Sutton, assistant director of residential life at UHV and president of the Staff Council
• Raymond Tucker, assistant professor of kinesiology in the UHV School of Education, Health Professions and Human Development
• Joseph Ben Ur, professor of business in the UHV School of Business Administration and president of the Faculty Senate
• Valerie Walden, comptroller, UHV Department of Finance
• Yu Wan, professor of Computer Information Systems in the UHV School of Arts & Sciences
• Jie Yang, professor of quantitative management science in the UHV School of Business Administration