The One for All, All for One Campaign raised nearly $70,000 over the past fiscal year with help from 215 donors to benefit more than 70 different departments, programs and initiatives.
UHV raised a total of $69,797 thanks to donations from 44.7 percent of full-time UHV employees who gave an average gift size of $145. Out of those funds donated to UHV programs and initiatives, $36,986 qualified to be matched by the university.
The University of Houston-Victoria and Laredo College recently signed an articulation agreement, charting a more seamless route for transfer students to enter the university and earn a bachelor’s degree.
“We are excited to partner with Laredo College so we could continue to support students who like small schools and could benefit from one-on-one attention with professors and staff members,” said Karla DeCuir, UHV interim vice president for enrollment management.
The Victoria Regional History Center will be showcasing Celebrar las Raíces de Victoria, a photo exhibit highlighting the impact of Hispanic history in Victoria’s roots.
As the University of Houston-Victoria works toward creating a new minor for disability studies, the university plans to bring in a speaker to share his experiences in founding similar programs at other institutions.
UHV in the News
- 9/24/2023 - UHV signs transfer agreement with Laredo College Victoria Advocate
- 9/20/2023 - UHV men's, women's golf teams finish fifth at Waco River Classic Victoria Advocate
- 9/17/2023 - UHV to host screening of film about overcoming addiction Victoria Advocate
- 9/17/2023 - UHV, United Way partner to support area nonprofits Victoria Advocate
- 9/17/2023 - UHV opens 50 Faces exhibit to celebrate 50th anniversary Victoria Advocate