If you have an associates degree in Applied Arts & Sciences or technical or vocational courses from an accredited community or technical college, then the Bachelor of Applied Arts & Sciences (BAAS) may be the degree for you.
APPLIED ARTS & SCIENCES
General Business Core Curriculum
10 - English 1301 & 1302 Composition – 6 semester hours
20 - Math 1314 College Math or Higher – 3 semester hours
30 - Natural Sciences – 6 semester hours
Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, or Bio/Physical Science
40 - Humanities – 3 semester hours
Humanities, Literature, Philosophy, Modern or Classical Lit. or Cultural Studies.
50 - Visual/Performing Arts – 3 semester hours
ARTS, MUSI, or DRAM
60 - American History 1301 & 1302 – 6 semester hours
70 - Political Science 2305 & 2306 – 6 semester hours
80 - Social/Behavioral Sciences – 3 semester hours
Anthropology, Criminal Justice, Economics, Geography, Political Science, Psychology or Sociology
90 - Institutionally Designated Option – 6 semester hours
SPCH 1311, 1315, 1318, or 1321
COSC 1301 or 1401, or BCIS 1305
General Business Major Requirements
General Program Requirements – 4 semester hours
- ENGL 3430 – Professional Writing
AAS General Requirements – 9 semester hours
- SPCH 1311, 1315, 1318, or 1321 (CORE)
- COSC 1301 or 1401, or BCIS 1305 (CORE)
- COMM 3325 – Advanced Professional Speaking
- COMM 4314 – Intercultural Communication
- HUMA 4322 – Ethics
AAS LD Specialization – 24 - 44 semester hours
- LD Vocational or Technical Credits (AAS track)
AAS UD Specialization – 15 semester hours
General Business - 15 s.h. of UD business courses from at least two of the following areas: International Business (IBUS), Management (MGMT), and/or Marketing (MKTG). No more than 9 hours may be taken in any one area. 9 s.h. MUST be completed at UHV.
UD Free Electives – 12 semester hoursContact us
- s.h. = semester hours
- LD = Lower Division (Community College-Level: Freshman, 1000-level /Sophomore, 2000-level)
- UD = Upper Division (University-Level: Junior, 3000-level /Senior, 4000-level)
- The student is responsible for fulfilling all requirements on this degree plan and is encouraged to review the catalog that governs this degree plan.
- Substitutions in this degree plan must be approved by following the same procedures as for the degree.
- This document is an unofficial guide to your degree. Please contact an advisor for an official degree plan.
- Must meet minimum requirements: 120 s.h. overall, 40 s.h. UD, of which 30 s.h. must be completed at UHV.