Latino Faculty and Staff Association Mission
The mission of the Latino Faculty & Staff Association at UHV is to build community among the Latinx faculty, staff and other interested professionals by empowering employees at all levels to network, serve as a voice for educational issues, advance personally and professionally, and to foster an inclusive workplace through service in the spirit of Latino culture.
All community and university members shall be provided opportunities to exchange in cultural values and ideas via social interaction.
All community and university members shall be provided opportunities for effective communication among the membership, as well as cultural constituents.
All community and university members shall be provided opportunities to serve within the organization, the university and the local community.
All community and university members shall be provided opportunities to educate and engage with our community as it relates to Latino issues across the university, local community, region and state.
The Latino Faculty and Staff Association is open to UHV employees and leaders from the community. Employees shall be full-time faculty, administrators and staff.
Membership benefits include:
- Subscription to LFSA Newsletter
- Voting Participation at General Membership Meetings
To register as a member for the current academic year, please fill out the LFSA Membership Interest form.
Meetings and Events
Spring 2023 Events
LFSA Guest Speakers Series
- March 15 - Join LFSA as we host speaker Angela Marin, from the University of Texas, Dallas, as she discusses her journey to becoming the first Hispanic Female to serve as an NCAA Athletic Director.
- March 22 - Bicentennial Victoria! - Please join us for the Bicentennial Victoria! presentation by Blanche de Leon on Wednesday, March 22 at 4:00pm in University North room 111 or streaming on TEAMS.
- May 17 – Join LFSA as we host speakers Jimmy Hernandez, Assistant Director of Policy and Analysis, and Hugo Cantero, Student Services Manager, from the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities, and learn about the status of undocumented students and their Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) research on Wednesday, May 17th at 4 p.m. streaming live on Microsoft Teams.
For more information about upcoming events or to join our next meeting, contact our LFSA president, Humberto Hernandez at HernandezH7@uhv.edu
To support our mission, please make a donation to the LFSA Scholarship Fund
- Roselia Alaniz
- Freddie Cantu
- Jose L. Cantu
- Estella De Los Santos
- Karla DeCuir
- Karyna Garcia
- Veronica Lopez
- Jennifer Ortiz-Garza
- Erika Vermillion