English as a Second Language On-Demand
International students who needs to meet the English Proficiency Requirement (EPR) will be able to complete English as a Second Language On-Demand (ESL On-Demand) and fulfill the EPR requirement. Students will be granted conditional admission to UHV if the academic requirements for admission have been met including sufficient funding, but with pending EPR. In order for UHV to issue the immigration document I-20, the student must complete the EPR on or before the assigned deadline for each semester.
If your native language is Arabic, Cambodian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Thai and Vietnamese students can complete the English as a Second Language on Demand Program (ESL On-Demand) at the comfort of their home for an affordable tuition cost per one semester (one semester is defined as four calendar months). The program is seven interactive modules where students will interact with real teachers through webcam and video. If the student is not able to complete the seven modules in one semester (four months), student can register for additional semester increments and complete the program. The ESL On- Demand program is quick and convenient. Students can work on the modules anytime of the day and re-take the modules any number of times.
Partnering with English3, The University of Houston – Victoria has developed ESL On-Demand, which is a fast-paced and engaging way to learn English. ESL On-Demand uses a blended learning methodology, allowing the many advantages technology has to offer in a language learning environment, while also bringing in a human element to ensure maximum learning. Students will be placed in the correct starting level through a placement test and then dive into the modules, where they will focus on mastering one task at a time. One of the core features of the ESL On-Demand is the ability for students to record videos of themselves and practice in a real-life situation the skills they are learning. The program’s highly trained coaches will then watch these videos and record a video in response, including instruction and encouragement to help the students move through the modules.
Upon completion of ESL On-Demand, students will be admitted to UHV as a degree seeking student and the immigration document I-20 along with the acceptance letter will be mailed to the student to obtain F-1 non-immigrant student visa.
Steps to Complete the Process:
- First complete the application to UHV at ApplyTexas
Please to select “University of Houston – Victoria” as the institution
- Submit all the required documents
- Bank Statements
- International Student Agreement
- Once you’ve submitted all the required documents, admissions decision will be made within 3-4 business days
- UHV International Programs will issue you a conditional admission letter
- Contact the International Programs Office to register for ESL On-Demand
- Register online to take ESL On-Demand Program
- Complete ESL On-Demand Program by before the deadline of each semester
- Upon completion of ESL On-Demand program International Programs will issue the I-20 along with the acceptance letter
- Apply F-1 non-immigrant student U.S. visa
- Follow Pre-Arrival Guidelines
- Inform UHV of travel plans
- Arrive at UHV