University of Houston-Victoria

International Programs

Steps to Apply as a Transfer Student

ApplyTexas Application - Submit a completed online ApplyTexas Application to the University of Houston-Victoria. The application to UHV is a non-refundable $25.00. Students must pay the non-refundable application before UHV can process the application. Click to learn how to make the application fee payment. 

  • The application takes 3 days to transmit to UHV. Once it is transmitted, you will receive an email with your student ID and instructions for how to activate your JagSpace accessYou can check your To Do List via your MyUHV online student account and access your email via your JagSpace portal.

Official Academic Credentials/Transcripts: 2.0 of 4.0 GPA Requirement

  • Secondary Credentials (High School) - Outside the U.S.
    Submit all official secondary school transcripts, mark sheets, and diplomas/certificates. Students may submit unofficial academic transcripts with English translations completed by a professional organization directly to the International Programs Office. Students must submit official high school/secondary school transcripts at the time of their arrival (Orientation) to UHV.  All documents submitted to UHV become the property of the university. You can submit documents online via email to international@uhv.edu 
  • U.S. High School Coursework
    If you are a student with U.S. high school transcripts, we require you to request the U.S. High School to submit an official transcript sent from the school directly
  • Higher Education Credentials (College/University Level) - Outside the U.S. Follow the instructions found in this link very closely if you have ANY higher education coursework from outside the U.S. Students must submit a course-by-course credential evaluation report to UHV. Follow the highlighted link for more details. UHV does not evaluated international credentials. All course work completed outside of the U.S. must be evaluated using members listed at NACES. The evaluation report must be sent directly to UHV at international@uhv.edu  
  • US College Credits/Coursework
    Please submit all official transcripts directly from the U.S. institution you have attended to the Admissions Office. Check with your Records Office/Student Billing Office for the steps to request official transcripts. 

    If you have completed 29 credit hours at a college or university,  you no longer will have to submit post-secondary, high school transcripts. For students with over 29 U.S. credit hours English Proficiency Requirement will be waived as well.  

Official Test Scores

Students must submit proof of the English Proficiency Requirement

All official test scores (Duolingo, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, etc.) must be submitted directly from the testing organizations. If you wish to submit official Duolingo, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT scores, our institutional code is 6917. 


If you have online score profiles for each testing organization, you can submit your unique IDs, Name and Date of Birth for UHV staff can directly print and verify your scores. This option will save you time as it may take 15 business days for your test score report to be processed and submitted to the institution. Please note, you may need the official testing scores at the time you face the U.S. visa interview. 

  • SAT/ACT scores (optional). If you are a student with SAT/ACT scores, please make sure you submit the official scores to UHV. Our institutional code is 6917. 

  • F-1 Student Agreement FormFill out the F1 Student Agreement Form and email it to international@uhv.edu
    • You can also find this form on our Forms page (link in the left side menu).

  • Proof of Funding. Submit the Letter of Financial Sponsorship Form along with official bank statements/documents. If you have more than one sponsor, each additional sponsor must complete a separate Letter of Financial Sponsorship Form and submit official bank statements/documents in their name. 
    • You can also find this form on our Forms page (link in the left side menu).
    • Bank statements must be less than 6 months from their issue date when submitted to the International Programs Office. 
    • Bank statements must have enough funds for 1 year's cost of attendance
    • You can scan both the Letter of Financial Sponsorship Form and the Bank Statement to international@uhv.edu

      Please note:  The documents which we require are for UHV Admissions purposes only. We strongly encourage you to visit your country U.S. Embassy for specific F-1 student documents needed for your U.S. visa interview.

  • Passport.  Submit a copy of your passport. (U.S. visa and current I-94, if available). 

  • U.S. TransfersCurrent F-1 U.S. transfer students should submit copies of all following documents:
    • Current and previous I-20's from all U.S. institutions, regardless of credit transfer
    • Copy of your most recent VISA
    • Copy of your most-recent I-94 printout   

  • Bacterial Meningitis (Needed at the time of enrollment not for admissions) Students under the age of 22 must submit proof of Bacterial Meningitis Immunization prior to registering for courses. Admission may be granted without immunization record. This is not required to make the admissions decision, but it is required prior to registering for courses.

  • Students planning to change immigration status from another non-immigrant visa status to F-1 student visa status. 
    We recommend that students wanting to change the immigration status to F-1 student visa status to first consult their immigration or attorney on record seek immigration advisement before connecting with UHV. Student must submit all the above mentioned documents, be granted admissions before immigration document I-20 can be issued. UHV will not take responsibility in change of status application to USCIS. UHV will provide the acceptance letter and the immigration document I-20 if admissible and warrants to be a bona fide F-1 status student. All other immigratioon related items must be directed to an immigration attorney or to the attorney on record.

If you wish to receive your immigration documents via express mail (FEDEX or DHL) please create an account at eShip Global at https://study.eshipglobal.com to receive your immigration documents within 5-8 business days. You will need a credit card to make the payment. If you are a student with no credit card please visit your local FEDEX/DHL office and make the payment at the local FEDEX/DHL office. Upon completion send our office the tracking number. 

If you wish not to sign-up through express mail to receive your immigration documents, UHV will mail your immigration documents via regular mail. Regular mail can take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive to your home country which can cause U.S. visa delays. During the holiday season additional delay may cause for you to receive your immigration document very late. We strongly encourage you to use the express mail service. 


International Student Admissions
C/O International Programs Office
University of Houston-Victoria
3007 N. Ben Wilson St.
University West, Suite 228
Victoria, TX 77901

To better serve you we can accept most scanned/emailed documents to process your admissions. However, if you are or were enrolled at an U.S. institution all U.S. transcripts MUST be sent directly from the U.S. institutions which you attended.