University of Houston-Victoria

International Programs

Mandatory Steps to Apply as a Freshman or First-time Student

Steps to Apply as an Undergraduate Student

  • ApplyTexas Application - Submit a completed online ApplyTexas Application to the University of Houston-Victoria. The application to UHV is a non-refundable fee of $25. Students must pay the application fee before UHV can review the application.  Click to learn how to make the application fee payment. 
    • The application takes 3 days to transmit to UHV. Once it is transmitted, you will receive an email with your student ID and instructions for how to activate your JagSpace accountYou can check your To Do List via your MyUHV online student account and access your email via your JagSpace portal.
  • Official Test Scores for proof of the English Proficiency Requirement

    All official test scores (Duolingo, TOEFL, IELTS, TIEC, etc.) must be submitted directly from the testing organizations. If you wish to submit official scores, our institutional code is 6917 or submit via email to international@uhv.edu 


    If you have online score profiles for each testing organization, you can submit unique ID numbers, Name, Date of Birth and TRF# for IELTS report and UHV staff can directly print and verify your scores. This options can save you time as the official score reports can take up to 15 business days to be processed and submitted to the institution. Please note, you may need an official score report when you are facing the U.S. visa interview. 

  • Official Academic Credentials/Transcripts: 2.0 of 4.0 GPA Requirement
    International Programs staff will convert the GPA to U.S. standard once submitted. 
    • Secondary Credentials (High School) - Outside the U.S.
      Submit all official secondary school transcripts, mark sheets, and diplomas/certificates. Students can submit unofficial academic transcripts with English translation completed by a professional organization directly sent to the International Programs Office. Students must submit official  transcripts and/ or final high school/secondary school transcripts at the time of their arrival (orientation) to UHV. All documents submitted to UHV become the property of the university. You can submit documents online via email to international@uhv.edu 
    • Higher Education Credentials (College/University) - Outside the U.S.
      If you are a student with course work/diploma completed at a university or college outside of the U.S. and wish to transfer to UHV, please apply as a transfer student and follow the steps to have your transcript evaluated. For more information visit International Transfer Requirements.
    • U.S. High School Coursework
      If you are a student with U.S. high school transcripts, we require you to request the U.S. High School to submit an official transcript sent from the school directly.
    • US College Credits/Coursework
      Please submit all official transcripts directly from the U.S. institution you have attended to the Admissions Office. Students must submit the final transcripts at the time of their arrival (Orientation) Check with your current institutions Records Office/Student Billing Office for the steps to request official transcripts. 
  • SAT and ACT scores (optional). If you are a student with SAT/ ACT test scores, please submit the official score report to Institutional Code 6917. 

  • F-1 Student Agreement FormFill out the F1 Student Agreement Form and email it to international@uhv.edu
    Please wait to submit this form until you receive an email with your UHV ID (not the application ID) 
    • You can also find this form on our Forms page (link in the left side menu)
  • Proof of Funding. Submit the Letter of Financial Sponsorship Form along with official bank statements/documents. If you have more than one sponsor, each additional sponsor must complete a separate Letter of Financial Sponsorship Form and submit official bank statements/documents in their name. 
    Please wait to submit this form/documents until you receive an email with your UHV ID (not the application ID)
    • Bank statements must be less than 6 months from their issue date when submitted to the International Programs Office. 
    • Bank statements must have enough funds for 1 year's cost of attendance
    • You can scan both the Letter of Financial Sponsorship Form and the Bank Statement to international@uhv.edu
  • Additional International Documents.
    • Copy of your passport
      • If already in the U.S., we also need a copy of your current visa, all I-20s, and most-recent I-94.

  • Bacterial Meningitis (Needed at the time of enrollment not for admissions) Students under the age of 22 must submit proof of Bacterial Meningitis Immunization prior to registering for courses. Admission may be granted without immunization record. This is not required to make the admissions decision, but it is required prior to registering for courses.  

  • Students planning to change immigration status from another non-immigrant visa status to F-1 student visa status. 
    We recommend that students wanting to change the immigration status to F-1 student visa status to first consult their immigration or attorney on record seek immigration advisement before connecting with UHV. Student must submit all the above mentioned documents, be granted admissions before immigration document I-20 can be issued. UHV will not take responsibility in change of status application to USCIS. UHV will provide the acceptance letter and the immigration document I-20 if admissible and warrants to be a bona fide F-1 status student. All other immigratioon related items must be directed to an immigration attorney or to the attorney on record.

Please note:  The documents which we require are for UHV Admissions purposes only. We strongly encourage you to visit your country U.S. Embassy for specific F-1 student documents needed for your U.S. visa interview. All documents submitted to UHV becomes property of the university and will not return to the student. 

Once you are admitted, you can receive your immigration documents via express mail (FEDEX/DHL). You are responsible for this shipping method and will need a credit card to make the payment. You will need to create an account at https://study.eshipglobal.com to receive immigration documents as quickly as 8-10 business days. If you are a student with no credit card, visit your local FEDEX/DHL office, make the payment there, and send us the tracking number. 

Do not pay for shipping unless you are fully admitted to UHV. 

If you do not wish to use the express mail option, please let us know that you wish to receive the immigration documents via regular mail. Regular mail may take between 4-6 weeks to reach your home and may cause U.S. visa delays. During the holiday season, expect that additional delays may cause you to defer your enrollment for the next semester. We strongly recommend that you use the express mail option. 


International Student Admissions
C/O International Programs Office
University of Houston-Victoria
3007 N. Ben Wilson St. 
University West, Suite 228
Victoria, TX 77901

To better serve you we can accept most scanned/emailed documents to process your admissions. However, if you are or were enrolled at a U.S. institution, all U.S. transcripts MUST be sent directly from the U.S. institutions which you attended.